Goodbye Jesus

A Few Paintings

NotBlinded

Here are a few paintings that I have done over the years. The religious ones were done for family members back when I was still a Christian. The other two are hanging in my sister's house. I haven't painted in years, but thought I would be a little of a show off. :HaHa:

painting2.jpg

painting3.jpg

painting1.jpg

painting.jpg

I have a few more that I'll post when/if I think about taking pics of them. :)

I'd say it's time you started painting again. You are talented, and your style is unique. Even the (gulp, cough) Jesus picture.

Nice work!

I have to say I really like the Jesus one.

And wizards shooting lightning -- pew, pew, you can never have enough of that.

:D <- BIG cheesy smile.

Thanks everyone!

The Jesus picture hung in my mother's house since I painted it. If you look it says '79 on it. Yes, yes, I'm old.

:)

Actually, I like the Christ one best. I know little about visual art as a medium, but it strikes me as having a good display of lighting. Has a sort of impressionist look to it.

I like the winged horses. Very well done.

Thanks Doctor. I take that as a great compliment. I had never looked at it that way. :thanks:

Thank you too Deva! My sister is a huge pegasus collector, so that was done just for her.

I'd say it's time you started painting again. You are talented, and your style is unique. Even the (gulp, cough) Jesus picture.

My boyfriend told me I needed to start painting again too. I just might give it a go again soon.

Thank you.

Guest Valk0010

My boyfriend told me I needed to start painting again too. I just might give it a go again soon.

Thank you.

Why did you quit your really good

I think you definitely have some skills going on there Notblinded.

Thank you.

Why did you quit your really good

Thanks. I really don't know why I quit. I have something in my head now that I want to paint, but I've never really tried to just paint out of my head. It's probably fear that holds me back. I'm hard on myself and it wears me out! :HaHa: All those above were done by looking at something.

I think you definitely have some skills going on there Notblinded.

Thanks sweetie...

Here is another one that I did of my very first dog, Rocky.

painting 5.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Here is another one I did years ago. Don't look too close because I don't know what I was smokin' at the time, but I spelled my own name wrong! :Doh::lmao:

painting 8.jpg

I prefer the second one, did you paint it from memory or did you have something to model it on?

A minor criticism of it, from my POV the face looks very good and is the strong suite of the painting. However the hair, the outfit and the mouth and eyebrow makeup lack detail, and almost look like they were additions to another painting.

The dog portrait looks like a good representation, what's with the lines of light though?

Again I must say I'd love to see you go back to painting.

I prefer the second one, did you paint it from memory or did you have something to model it on?

No, I wish I could do that. I painted it from the cover of a "how to paint" book! :HaHa: My dog was painted from a photograph I had of him.

If you needed to make some money at any time, you could sell Jesus paintings like that for a premium.

Of course, you would have to think of it as a job...

I always thought it would be interesting to attempt portraits of Jesus that were historically (racially) alternative, instead of the white Jesus. Historians and genealogists frequently trace Jesus to non white origins. Pretty sure the white Jesus came to us through revisionist history.