Goodbye Jesus

spouse in hospital

godlessgrrl

I posted this here because I didn't know where else to put it, plus the whole situation is frustrating in its own extra special way anyway. (If there's a better board for this, mods, go ahead and move it, I'm easy...)

Anyhow - the spouse is in the hospital right now. In the fucking psych ward. :( We had an argument a couple of nights ago and something in the conflict triggered an avalanche of depressive, suicidal stuff in him. I took him to the ER that night and they admitted him pretty dang quick. He's been in for a couple of days and seems to be gradually coping.

I'm kind of not surprised that he popped, really. He's been struggling for awhile with mood issues and a whole shitload of unresolved stuff. So I'm kind of relieved to see him in there getting some help with that, especially since I'm just so amazingly inadequate and ill-equipped to help him myself.

The frustrating bit is dealing with insurance crap. We have it, but our policy covers no mental health care whatsoever. We make too much for DSHS to help. I'm not worried that it'll get paid for somehow; we still have a couple more options. It's just stupid. I really fucking hate this whole thing about how for some reason mental health care doesn't matter. And I can't STAND insurance companies. I've never dealt with an insurance co. in my life that had anybody's actual health as a concern, it's always about the fucking bottom line. :banghead:

I'm sort of holding up, sort of kind of maybe perhaps. If anybody has any kind of warm thoughts, good wishes, whatever, I'd sure take 'em, and I bet the spouse'd be glad to know folks are thinking of him too.

Anyhoo thanks for reading. I'll keep y'all posted. :twitch:

Goodbye Jesus

gwen,

So sorry you have to deal with insurance bullshit on top of his illness. I've never understood how 'Health' insurance is allowed to decide what health is!

PR

Aww, Gwen..many warm thoughts to you..and hugs too!

I've not had to deal with that aspect of insurance either. I'm thinking mine doesn't cover much.

It leaves the state facility, which is a real joke.

((((((((((((((((Gwen)))))))))))))))

Gwen

Warm wishes and hugs are being sent your way and hubby's too.

I can't exactly say I've been where you are, but i was in a similar situation years ago. My first husband was admitted in the psych ward also. We were both in the Air Force so insurance wasn't an issue.

It was a very difficult time emotionally for me and I wish I had more of a support system. I hope you have some close family or friends that you can share with and help you through this difficult time.

PM me anytime

(((HUGS))))

DD

Thinking of you and your husband. Good luck, Gwenmead.

My regards and most humble Get Well wishing to you gwen.

We are all pulling for you here.

Sorry to hear that things got this far Gwen, but pleased he is where what help he might need is being given.

No fan of the headDocs, however they may be able to help both of you find some *level* with whatever is bugging him.

kL

I'm really sorry this had to happen to your husband, I hope things go better for you both.

Hey thanks for replies so far guys. I'm hanging in there and the spouse seems to be doing better too. He's been given some meds that seem to be helping, has therapy and sees docs & ppl to talk to several times a day, so he's definitely getting solid care so far.

I'm better than I was a couple of days ago. I went out with friends last night after visiting spouse and that was A Good Thing.

It's a slow haul for us both. My biggest concern now is figuring out how to ensure that he keeps getting what help he needs once he goes outpatient.

Thanks again for warm fuzzies and thoughts & stuff. I'll keep y'all posted.

Hopefully, he'll stay long enough that he realizes he needs the continuing help but not so long that he thinks he's "cured" and gives it up..

Many hugs to you!