Goodbye Jesus

Failure

Brutal Brian

Hey everyone. I don't know if this has been posted before, or if any of you have seen this or not but a friend of mine told me about it the other day.

Head over to Google,

and type failure into the search box. Click the I'm Feeling Lucky button

and see what comes up. :grin:

It is yet another sign I feel the tide is finally turning. :woohoo:

Or If I am wrong or a retard you can flame me into nonexistence. :battle:

• Admin

Here's why:

Googlebombing 'failure'

9/16/2005 12:54:00 PM

Posted by Marissa Mayer, Director of Consumer Web Products

If you do a Google search on the word [failure] or the phrase [miserable failure], the top result is currently the White House’s official biographical page for President Bush. We've received some complaints recently from users who assume that this reflects a political bias on our part. I'd like to explain how these results come up in order to allay these concerns.

Google's search results are generated by computer programs that rank web pages in large part by examining the number and relative popularity of the sites that link to them. By using a practice called googlebombing, however, determined pranksters can occasionally produce odd results. In this case, a number of webmasters use the phrases [failure] and [miserable failure] to describe and link to President Bush's website, thus pushing it to the top of searches for those phrases. We don't condone the practice of googlebombing, or any other action that seeks to affect the integrity of our search results, but we're also reluctant to alter our results by hand in order to prevent such items from showing up. Pranks like this may be distracting to some, but they don't affect the overall quality of our search service, whose objectivity, as always, remains the core of our mission.

link

Thanks for sharing that Dave.

I know Google might come out and say that and it probably is true, but I have read a few interviews with the Google guys and they seem they still might have shenanigans like that up their sleeves.

Either way, at least others find this funny. That is what is important. :grin:

Search Results,

Did you mean: FEMA?

:lmao:

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Thanks Brian I needed that

:lmao::lmao::lmao: