Goodbye Jesus

Please don't do pranks.....

scotter

Please don't do pranks.

'cos when the real fundie comes, we are not sure if that is a prank.

:nono:

This derived pleasure is built on something not pleasurable, what goes around comes around though.

Thank you all.

:HappyCry:

Sorry, can't do it.

Honestly, I lack the spontaneous creativity to effectively "prank" a Christian character, but due to the hysterical laughs I've had over some of the folks who can and have done it in the past I think it would be a crying shame if they were to stop themselves next time the urge strikes.

I can't remember who did it, but I still have a good laugh every time I remember the floral-print dress and the demon-possessed computer that screeched and growled every time the 56k dialed the ISP. :lmao:

I've been gone a few days.  What are we talking about?  Who pulled a prank?

Brother Jeff pulled a fast one located here. I'm surprised you missed it.

To me it was an obvious spoof, but many bought off on it and got riled.

And even though it WAS funny, I can agree with scotter and say that MAYBE we ought not to be doing this. (At least not so often? This was too soon on the heels of the Asimov prank, I think.)

FWIW. My 2 cents.

LOL!  I missed it because I haven't been on hardly at all.

What Asimov prank?

I NEVER prank!

That was a serious quest into the minds-eye of the Christian.

I was just testing you guys to see if you could handle X-TREME FUNDYNESS!!!!

Many thanks for this thread.

It was funny when Asimov did it, but it's gotten really old really fast since then.

Personally I don't mind if people post pranks...it's really no different from the real thing.

I don't know, I can appreciate how they tend to hijack bandwidth, but they are a nice release in some ways. Maybe we should have a new forum called "Raving Fundy Theater" where we can show our favorite stereotypes?

I don't know, I can appreciate how they tend to hijack bandwidth, but they are a nice release in some ways.  Maybe we should have a new forum called "Raving Fundy Theater" where we can show our favorite stereotypes?

Nah, that takes the fun out of it. The only thing funnier than the phony himself is the reaction the other Christians on the site give them. It's just like watching a "certified creationist" (inasmuch as there is such a thing) talk to Jason Gastrich.

"Erm... We...we appreciate the help, but, um.... could you.... you know.... not?" :lmao:

Personally, I'm rather disappointed I seem to be the only one who remembers the phony I referred to earlier (won't say who did it, might put a damper on the fun should they decide to take up the mantle again) and how much fun we all had from it.