Goodbye Jesus

Yoga On Acid

PandaPirate

My favorite quote from the article titled, Is Yoga Demonic?, is this:

"They come into contact with demonic entities, they have horrific experiences on drugs, or a lot of them are on yoga."

Hysterical. They think yoga is demonic. Sure guys...it's always been the habit of demons to teach inner peace. Whatever.

Here's the rest:

Is Yoga Demonic?

Another quote from the same show:

Dave:

And Tom, we have mentioned on this program, I’m quite sure, the DVD or video by New Tribes Mission: Delivered from the Power of Darkness. They held their meetings in a pagan temple where there’s demonic activity. They didn’t drive out any demons, they didn’t try to cast out any demons, they did no strategic praying they just gave them the Bible, the Word of God, which is the sword of the Spirit, and that brings people to Christ and they are delivered.

Tom:

Right, and demons flee from this kind of thing.

Really? Demons flee from the word of God? Hmmmm....cuz I was always told that if you're doing the will of God that devils will come after you because they want to stop you from accomplishing your mission.

Really? Demons flee from the word of God? Hmmmm....cuz I was always told that if you're doing the will of God that devils will come after you because they want to stop you from accomplishing your mission.

It sounds contradictory, but it depends on which version and which verse you quote.

I could rationalize starting a murdurous cult that eats babies on the basis of the Bible.

:lmao:

This reminds me of when I was in boarding school. People there were generally sane, since it was a secular (state-funded, in part too) school. But this one stupid stupid woman who was in charge of residential life, refused to approve a yoga club on campus for half a year, because she didn't want to "promote cult activity."

So when they finally got to gather, they posted fliers saying "Come worship the god of stretchiness with us!" :HaHa:

Seriously, if you don't understand, ASSUME THE WORST! That's the mantra of idiots.

Christians find a way to make *everything* from the devil.

Check out this one: Santa or Satan "Old Nick: "A well-known British name of the Devil"" Is "Claus" another anagram for "Lucas"? It’s no secret "Lucas" and "Lucis" is a new-age "code word" for "Lucifer"

The Bible is from the Devil: NIV

Guitar Hero video game is of the Devil: Guitar Hero

Public Schools, Oprah, Feminism, Gays, Gambling, Divorce, Mel Gibson, KFC, Mardi Gras, and much much more: Everything

:lmao:

This reminds me of when I was in boarding school. People there were generally sane, since it was a secular (state-funded, in part too) school. But this one stupid stupid woman who was in charge of residential life, refused to approve a yoga club on campus for half a year, because she didn't want to "promote cult activity."

So when they finally got to gather, they posted fliers saying "Come worship the god of stretchiness with us!" :HaHa:

Seriously, if you don't understand, ASSUME THE WORST! That's the mantra of idiots.

Nice post - LOL at the "god of stretchiness".

But hey, my girlfriend is a yoga instructor and, apart from being seriously hot, is a sweet and kind person by day but at night, when we go to bed, turns into a raving demon. So ... the article MUST be true. :HaHa:

Seriously though, as Lunaticheathen says regarding the mantra of idiots, ignorance on its own is curable, but ignorance combined with stupidity produces religion.

reading your link about the NIV being from the Debble.

lots of exclamation points always make a argument more authentic, eh?

and some red font helps.

The problem with many Christians is that they view every other religion on the face of the planet as a threat. They have this desparate need to be right about everything. It's a mental disease. They want to force their opinion on everyone.

Yoga is a threat to them because it comes from Hinduism.

I thinnk mostly it's a threat to the Preacher's pocketbook.

I took yoga this Spring semester, and though I wasn't into the new agey chanting I decided to go over my German verb conjugations in my head as everyone else was doing their "OMMMM" chant.

The funniest part of this article is when the guy says, "They're on drugs or worse...they're ON YOGA!"

OH NO!!! They're not on crack...they're on YOGA!!!

Watch out@!

The funniest part of this article is when the guy says, "They're on drugs or worse...they're ON YOGA!"

OH NO!!! They're not on crack...they're on YOGA!!!

Watch out@!

Silly Panda. Yoga's the street name for Merdedetoreauphamine, which is 9,000 times worse than crystal meth.

Nobody ever understands us crazy kids...

This thread reminds me, I should start doing yoga. Might help with my pain. Or something.

Another thing christards forget, though, is that what westerners think of as "yoga" is only one kind of yoga - yoga meaning "work." The yoga known to us westerners is actually Hatha Yoga - there is also Raja yoga, Karma yoga, Bhakti yoga, Jnana yoga, and other smaller practices. While all of them are indeed meant as devotional practices, but each is different. Bhakti yoga is also called the "love path" and has nothing to so with physical poses - it's about loving devotion to deity. Raja yoga was usually reserved for the upper castes, and involved meditation. Karma yoga is concerned with action that fits your caste/place in the world. Jnana yoga is mostly concerned with knowledge.

So, just a little research will go a loooong way when building strawmen. Oh, wait, fundies don't read.

Master Yoda says Yoga is good!