Goodbye Jesus

Mayan Calendar Information For Ex-C

Voice

As ex-christian, spiritual persons, I thought some of you would appreciate this link if you haven't already been made aware of it.

I chose ex-c Theism or Spirituality to post in, but it could have, and probably should be posted in about half of the forum areas here since it has content relevant to a few areas. I will post it to News and Current Events as well.

This link may suggest deism, or astrological approach. I don't care too much about that, you can if you want to, it's not why I've posted it.

I'm looking at these final counts both scientifically and spiritually, and then socially. This is amazing stuff. It's coming clear to me now how they did it, the algorithms they used, the counts they layered and intertwined. The fact they were so right on is amazing.

Events surrounding the final counts of the Mayan calendar as it again approaches zero in late October, 2011, may interest you.

This next cycle of 13 days (starting today) will be of interest to those observing world events and approaching transitions.

https://www.maya-portal.net/newsletters/quetzal/round2_oneahautrecena

• Super Moderator

Can't tell if it's a "serious" post or just spam.

Leaning toward spam.

The Mayans figured out how to plot the movements of star groups and constellations. Nice.

The rest of it is all just a form of pseudo-astrology.

We've been in virtual alignment with the galactic plane now for about twenty years. Human events are not influenced by our visual perspective of stellar positioning. Human events are influenced by the activity of humans.

Next.

Guest Babylonian Dream

Did you know that the mayan prediction for 2012 is actually just the catholic mayan prediction? The mayans have a cyclic calendar, they never predicted the end of the world.

As for the alignments of constellations, that's cool no doubt, but anyone can do that for fun, but it means nothing. The human brain just likes finding significance to everything, even when there is nothing there. That's where we get astrology from.

Mayan-Calendar.jpg

• Super Moderator

Advanced ancient culture my ass. They learned how to build roads and make a calendar. They also practiced human sacrifice and were supplanted by superior culture and technology.

The 1960s Hippies. Now there's an advanced ancient culture!

Already been said here before: their calendar is a cycle. It doesn't predict the end of the world, imho.

I don't know what people are thinking when they buy into the doomsday scenarios made all over the place. I went to an Astronomy lecture, and the guy was asked a question about 2012 and Planet X, and quickly explained, "Look, there is no such thing as Planet X hurtling towards us [add in explanation of why which I can't remember]. And also; nothing will happen in 2012, thank you."

Ya' know that movie, 2012?

I'm gonna watched it January 1st, 2013, and not a day before. Haha.

At first I was just going to let this go and not respond to anything again, since most of the respondents were behaving disrespectfully, immaturely, acting like Beavis and Butthead, seeming only to want something to pick apart and laugh at. Heh, heh.. heh.. heh, heh.. heh.. heh.. (etc.). Wasn't that kind of behavior supposed to be reserved for the Lion's Den? I'm definitely not the first person to address it. You repel people from these forums who would otherwise have valuable insight to contribute. You encourage despair in those who come here troubled to begin with.

Babylonian Dream, Ancey, you are correct.

Ancey, good policy. I don't intend to ever watch 2012, unless I should happen to get stuck in a room where it's playing, and then I won't be paying attention. What was your take on watching The Secret? In the same spirit as your 2012 boycott, I refused to watch The Secret unless I could watch it for free.

Cyclic counts established by the calendar concern the evolution of human consciousness, individual and societal. This evolution is not astrological, it's natural, real, observable, quantifiable.

The only celestial relationships built into the counts are daily and monthly, based on light/dark day/night cycles, and moon cycles - moon cycles because they are used to chart menstrual cycles, gestation cycles, which have to do with the development of human consciousness. There is an approximate year count as well, but that could be a catholic interpretation, I'm still not sure yet. It seemed like the moon cycle counts added up to a 260 day cycle that was thought of as some kind of year.

All of you are correct in that celestial (planetary and beyond) alignments or precession of the Earth have nothing to do with Mayan calendar counts.

This is the reason I've posted this information here, since (for some people) spirituality is an integral part of human consciousness and its development. These are key times for people interested in the final Mayan calendar counts. Globally, millions of people are forming spiritual gatherings around these counts. The next huge (social) event begins in 6 days, an event when we are guided to examine and focus our intentions, our places in society, the directions we and our society will take.

There are similarities to astrology and this, in that universal energies are credited for some things. The two approaches differ, however, in that astrology has little relevance to societal development, and it is used primarily for commerce.

Algorithms set up in the Mayan calendar counts are similar doubling algorithms as those used by economists, analysts, biologists, and are relevant to modern day society. These algorithms are what interest me, because they're accurate.

To me most of the "energies" remain arbitrary, but sometimes they seem to align. I suppose that's where astrology and the Mayan calendar have similarities.

Babylonian Dream, Ancey, you are correct.

Ancey, good policy. I don't intend to ever watch 2012, unless I should happen to get stuck in a room where it's playing, and then I won't be paying attention. What was your take on watching The Secret? In the same spirit as your 2012 boycott, I refused to watch The Secret unless I could watch it for free.

I haven't seen "the Secret", or heard of it. But I have that policy with Twilight films: I won't watch them unless I end up in the same room as it for free.

I just want to watch 2012 in 2013 for the irony value, really.

• Super Moderator
You repel people from these forums who would otherwise have valuable insight to contribute.

Bring a valuable insight and we'll talk. End-time scenarios and predictions are ridiculous as there are thousands of them throughout recorded history and the true believers have to make excuses every time they fail to materialize. It's hokum, pure and simple. Sorry if the facts offend you. Heh...heh...heh.

End-time scenarios and predictions are ridiculous as there are thousands of them throughout recorded history and the true believers have to make excuses every time they fail to materialize. It's hokum, pure and simple. Sorry if the facts offend you. Heh...heh...heh.

Florduh, you are correct. I agree 100 percent about end time scenarios. You either don't understand that I'm NOT talking about an end time scenario, or else you're trolling. Ancey mentioned a well known movie titled 2012, which we were discussing our boycott of. Did you read my last post? If you did, why do you still think I'm talking about an end time scenario?

• Super Moderator

Sorry, I even read the linked website and still confused the two main interpretations of the magic calendar when I responded.

If the topic ever shows up in the Lion's Den, I will respond in detail. Unfortunately, this is a forum where nothing may be rationally challenged.

Good luck.

Yep, this section of the forum denies anyone from making rational arguments or attacks against absurd beliefs much to my dismay.

I am offended and disappointed at what some of the religious Atheists call rationality, but is instead a word used for a justification for their discomfort of rational discussion of other ideas. I am a highly rational, analytical, and critical thinker, and this rhetoric about rationality rings deeply hollow to me.

Not being able to discuss civilly, respectfully, and rationally - even when in disagreement, is the sign of emotional immaturity or intolerant religious zealotry. I cannot see it any other way. Despite many encouragements to be respectful in rational discourse, what is demonstrated is an inability to control ones emotional, reactionary responses. This is not Rationality to me at all. This is irrationality. Don't congratulate yourself on your mind. It means nothing if it doesn't manifest itself in maturity.

If you cannot be respectful while attempting to use rationality, then you are asked to remove yourself from this forum. Reason and rationality is allowed in here. Absolutely. But immature behavior is not.

Guest Valk0010

I am offended and disappointed at what some of the religious Atheists call rationality, but is instead a word used for a justification for their discomfort of rational discussion of other ideas. I am a highly rational, analytical, and critical thinker, and this rhetoric about rationality rings deeply hollow to me.

Not being able to discuss civilly, respectfully, and rationally - even when in disagreement, is the sign of emotional immaturity or intolerant religious zealotry. I cannot see it any other way. Despite many encouragements to be respectful in rational discourse, what is demonstrated is an inability to control ones emotional, reactionary responses. This is not Rationality to me at all. This is irrationality. Don't congratulate yourself on your mind. It means nothing if it doesn't manifest itself in maturity.

If you cannot be respectful while attempting to use rationality, then you are asked to remove yourself from this forum. Reason and rationality is allowed in here. Absolutely. But immature behavior is not.

Just a idea. Not that I like it really, but how about we do like I believe shyone mentioned sometime back, say that materialists, or "religious atheists"(to use your words) aren't allowed to comment in this section as a rule. Might be safer then the occasional outbreak of this stuff. I dunno

Just a idea. Not that I like it really, but how about we do like I believe shyone mentioned sometime back, say that materialists, or "religious atheists"(to use your words) aren't allowed to comment in this section as a rule. Might be safer then the occasional outbreak of this stuff. I dunno

Everyone is welcome to participate this forum. There are not and never will be any 'banned beliefs' applied to these discussions. That defeats their very purpose.

What is restricted however is non-discussion sorts of ridiculing and insulting behaviors towards other members who have alternative points of view in this forum specifically created to allow for free, safe, and open discussions of these topics. That should be perfectly clear. If anyone finds that they are unable to have their own point of view without feeling some irrational need to put down others who don't see things like them, then they need to show respect to the administration of this site and it's valued members by exercising rational self-control of their behaviors and remove themselves voluntarily from participation. And I would hope that that inalienability to be tolerant of others beliefs in a respectful discussion might stand as some indicator for them to introspectively look at as to why.

I am not willing to tolerate any more disruptions and disregard for the established purpose of this forum. It is harmful to the membership of this site, disruptive to the moderation team, and in my personal opinion, goes against the very nature of what "Free thinking" is supposed to be. If someone can't stand to discuss alternative points of view without feeling a compulsion to cast insults at others, they need to exercise self control in Dave's house and show respect to its forums. If they can't exercise self control, then they are demonstrating that they are abusing their privileges here.