Goodbye Jesus

Dueling Christians

SkepticOfBible

Hey Guys,

I just wanted to share some links of christians who keep on debating with each other for eons and eons. It isn't enough for fundamentalist that we should believe in christ we should also believe that theirs is the correct intrepration and the correct bible.

So here goes.

How we got the Bible

An interesting debate between Catholic and Protestant. The Catholics seem to have a upper hand here. I like to see protestant christians responds to some of the questions catholics ask in this blog

Mary Worship

Just illustrates how two christian who claim to be filled with the holy spirit can't even agree on the interpration of the same book.

Dueling Christians

A debate between a Trinitian and a Non trinitian about whether god is a trinity or not. The following quote from the above page

Christians have had almost 2,000 years to get this fundamental issue straight and they just can't do it, despite having the guidance of the "Holy Spirit" which they claim to be filled with

Do you guys have other links for debates amongst christians which are similar to these?

Pritish

pritishd, you're a better man than I - I couldn't stand listening to 2 dupes arguing over the size of god's foreskin or whatever. Wish I could help, but I just can't read those kinds of forums!

The Trinitarian debate is indeed an interesting one. If early Christianity hadn't rejected it as heresy, the religion might not be as fucked up as it is today.

It just goes to prove that, while they might try to deny that their religion is so - it's just like anything else in life (i.e. it's really not that supernatural)

Just remember what Jesus said....

He said, “Every kingdom divided against itself will be ruined and every city or household divided against itself will not stand"(Matthew 12:25).

So, how divided is the christian religion? Think of all the denominations there are. How divided is that? I have heard, witnessed, and even been in arguements that are trivial and meaningless with other christians.

Example, baptism...

1) In jesus name or father, son, and holy spirit

2) sprinkle or immersion

You would not believe the arguements that come out of this one.

Jesus prayed that "they may be as one, even as we are one.."

:lmao: Even Jesus' prayers don't get answered.

pritishd, you're a better man than I - I couldn't stand listening to 2 dupes arguing over the size of god's foreskin or whatever. Wish I could help, but I just can't read those kinds of forums!

Same here! One of the most frustrating and yet amusing duels I ever entered was with (along side of) an atheist, while I was still a Christian against two Calvinists over the doctrine of predestination, using nothing but the Bible for source material. My well-studied atheist friend knew his Bible better than the opposition. :HaHa:

2 dupes arguing over the size of god's foreskin or whatever.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

You know, this issue was one of the early things that caused me to critically analyze christianity. Any fool could see that the people in church were not being led or influenced by a single "holy spirit". I was in several different churches, and I've never seen such squabbling and bickering and gossiping and backstabbing among any other group of people.

To think that they were "of one accord", is a complete joke.

I mean, take a look at us here at Ex-C. (excluding the christian members, of course) We hardly ever fight or argue amongst ourselves. We have a tighter bond than any group of christians I've ever seen.

I mean, take a look at us here at Ex-C.  (excluding the christian members, of course)  We hardly ever fight or argue amongst ourselves.  We have a tighter bond than any group of christians I've ever seen.

I've heard that our unity here is the handiwork of Satan. :Wendywhatever:

It just occurred to me that I have an answer to the age-old question "How could so many people be so wrong for so long?" This is typically asked when you switch belief systems, and I'd wager it's most frequent when you become a non-believer in Christianity. So, when a Christian asks how so many believers over the centuries could have been so wrong, I'd say "How could so many Jews and Buddhists and Hindus and Muslims be so wrong? If they're wrong and don't see it, why can't Christians be wrong and not see it? The Hindus even had a few millenia head start!"