Goodbye Jesus

Gorillas observed using tools.....

trashy

The level of reasoning and intelligence this demonstrates amazes me!

Gorillas and tools

Very cool. I had a friend who owned 2 chimps. And I can tell you that watching them interact with each other and with us it was VERY hard to think that we didn't evolve from them, or that we are AT LEAST related in some way. They would copy any movement I made with my arms, hands, mouth. Very interesting animals. Elephants, dolphins, whales ALL very smart animals.

Gorillas and tools

So, you're saying I came from a monkey, is that what you're saying?

You may have come from a monkey, but I came from dirt god dammit!

:HaHa:

That's nothing. Some chimpanzees have been observed declaring war.

r_wringer.jpg

Gorillas and tools

This actually isn't that new I remember seeing monkeys (on t.v a documentry) that not only used tools. That the fact that the tools were made of a stone that was miles from the where they were used. That they used these tools to break open nuts that the originally had left on the ground for days so that they're shells softened. This shows argiculture, lateral thinking and this is in a monkey not an ape.

Actually the only thing that seperates us from other animals is an advanced and complicated language nothing more.

Obviously, God allowed Satan to train those monkeys to deceive the unrepentant atheist "scientists" and blind them in their God-hating evilutionist ways.

Yeah, you ever see those cats that open up doors by jumping up and getting the doorknob? That's pretty cool. My cousin actually had a cat that figured out how to let himself out.

My dog even would run into the bathroom, and pee in the tub when there was nobody there to let him out. He somehow knew that it was the best place for him to go, if he absolutely had to.

Animals can figure stuff out too, even though they are completely different from us... God gave them the ability to adapt, think, and even take advantage of their surroundings to a degree.

Chimps using tools is not all that amazing to me though... what is amazing more so to me, is a bird simply having extinct built in that tells them where to fly in the winter, how to build their nests, and how to mother their children. Not to mention, the things they must do to escape the egg on their own. They simply know to get out of their shell, even though they really shouldn't even know they are in a shell... lots of things about God's creation is amazing, I definitely agree with you.

I like the way dogs will hump my leg if they don't have a bitch nearby.

.....hey.........

Actually, humans didn't evolve from apes. We both evolved from a common ancestor bazillions of years ago.

Actually, humans didn't evolve from apes.  We both evolved from a common ancestor bazillions of years ago.

Yeah. That's right. Even though it's the new word: brazillians. :grin:

what is amazing more so to me, is a bird simply having extinct built in that tells them where to fly in the winter, how to build their nests, and how to mother their children.  Not to mention, the things they must do to escape the egg on their own.  They simply know to get out of their shell, even though they really shouldn't even know they are in a shell... lots of things about God's creation is amazing, I definitely agree with you.

You mean instinct not extinct, but that's rather unintentionally funny - if it were true, it'd be rather interesting proof for ID... the thought of birds flying to the artic for winter...

You mean instinct not extinct, but that's rather unintentionally funny - if it were true, it'd  be rather interesting proof for ID...  the thought of birds flying to the artic for winter...

:lmao: I missed that part. I rather have a good instinct than being extinct! :grin:

Actually the only thing that seperates us from other animals is an advanced and complicated language nothing more.

And why did we develope language?

I think it was very deep seated need to complain. :grin:

And why did we develope language?

I think it was very deep seated need to complain.   :grin:

And gossip and spread urban legends. :)

This actually isn't that new I remember seeing monkeys (on t.v a documentry) that not only used tools.

But these are gorillas. This is the first time tool use has been seen in gorillas. It had been seen previously in chimps and orangutans.

Old and busted: Gorillas in the mist.

Teh new hotness: Gorillas in the workshop.

:)

Old and busted: Gorillas in the mist.

Teh new hotness: Gorillas in the workshop.

:)

LOL

Not long after I read that article I started picturing Far Side cartoons in my head. LOL

• 2 weeks later...
But these are gorillas. This is the first time tool use has been seen in gorillas. It had been seen previously in chimps and orangutans.

Now if we could just give them a reason to need to 'refine' tools we'd be really onto something. But the conditions of the closed-system environment needed to test that would likely be unethical treatment of animals...sometimes I miss the Nazis..they wouldn't give a shit, they'd just do the research.

has anyone seen "The Legend of Greystoke: Tarzan Lord of the Apes"? Apes using reeds to get maggots and grubs out of a rotting mushroom? And what about chimps learning sign language and not only using language to replicate what is being told to them but to convey thought and imagination?