Goodbye Jesus

Any want to critique this email?

seeker

I asked an older Jewish lady (family friend) some questions and this was her repsonse. My questions were mainly about why GOd would only reveal himself to a select group of people, heaven and hell...etc. I'd like to hear some opinions here.

"

Lets talk about chosen people first. At that time there were all tribes of people Hities Moabites Caaninites etc. God went to all these people and asked would they

give up there idols and believe in him as there God without question .They refused when he went to the Isrealited and asked they excepted .We were not chosen we chose to except the word of God and do what he asked You have to remember thatAbrahams father made idols and Abraham

said how can what you make be worshiped as a God.

There has to be a supreme being somewheres/ LThen God sent an angel to visit Abraham and Sarah and told them even though Sarah was 92 she would have a child.The child was Isaaic and God tested Abrahams faith in him by saying offer up your son to show that you believe. He was spared and so Jewdiesm started At that time the world was not all populated it came to be by migration At one time Alaska was connected to Asia and by hundreds and hundres of years of erosion the Berring

strait came to be but in the meantime the Indians as we know them could have come that way As a Jew we do not try to convert anyone to our way of thinking

or our way of doing things. We only ask to let us live in peace Right now you are a young strong man and life has not tested your fath. Believe me God does watch over you every day. I saw a saying in a magazine that said .If you have troubles pray to God. and if you dont pray to God and thank him. I have a few questions on life and death and when I find the answere we will go into heaven and hell

I'm not sure how to interpret her answer to you. Her email doesn't answer the question at all. It merely states details about her opinion of the history, but not the reason. And I don't remember the Bible ever say that God asked the other tribes to give up their idols first before he asked Moses, or Abraham ...

I think the Biblical answer is that Abe was righteous and trusted God, and that's why he was chosen.

y questions were mainly about why GOd would only reveal himself to a select group of people, heaven and hell...

as to the first answer, Rabbinic Tradition dictates that all the nations of the world were given a chance to accept the Torah, but all but Israel rejected it.

As to the 2nd, heaven and hell are viewed ENTIRELY differently in Judaism than Christianity. They are two completely different worldviews.

as to the first answer, Rabbinic Tradition dictates that all the nations of the world were given a chance to accept the Torah, but all but Israel rejected it.

As to the 2nd, heaven and hell are viewed ENTIRELY differently in Judaism than Christianity. They are two completely different worldviews.

So do the Jews believe that everyone is going to hell that doesn't believe in the Torah?

So do the Jews believe that everyone is going to hell that doesn't believe in the Torah?

I don't think so. I think the Jews believe that you go to heaven, or you stay dead.

IIRC, that's the original meaning of "Gehenna", trash pile.

:lmao:

Well, for starters there really isn't a hell in Judaism.

The closest thing would be a punishment that can last for up to 11 months after you die, but no longer.

I don't think so. I think the Jews believe that you go to heaven, or you stay dead.

IIRC, that's the original meaning of "Gehenna", trash pile.

Gehenna was - literally - originally a trash dump in Israel where occassionally people would be executed for capital crimes.