Goodbye Jesus

40 Billionaires Pledge To Donate Half Their Wealth

Xerces

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38556042/

Here is what I posted on facebook, pretty angry at the time. Felt good to let it out.

""About time, ya think? Seriously, there are so many problems in the world today because of senseless greed and the useless shit money is spent on, like oh I don't know, war, tobacco, to name a couple. Another thing, people should not be allowed to make as much money as they want, tha...t is why billionaires take all the wealth for themselves, without having some sort of reasonable limit. While genuine people are working minimum wage, below the cost of living JOBS, working for big ol' corporations. And yet another thing, if you can't afford to even take care of yourself don't have fucking kids and subject them to living in poverty. Fuck stupid people and big corps and fuck fat cat CEOs. Eat shit and die.""

Start your own company and amass a fortune. No one forces you to be a worker bee.

I think I'm gonna have to agree with Vix on this one.

People are good at different things. Some people are very good at investing money and making money. Providing they don't exploit anyone, that's fine.

I don't understand the hatred people have for other people who've worked hard and improved their circumstances. We don't hate people because they get great grades at Uni, or because they're a great doctor and they save people's lives, or because they're a brilliant athlete who represents their nation at the Olympic level. But for some reason it's fashionable to hate people who make money.

I work very hard. I have TWO of those minimum wage jobs. I work my arse off. But I'll have my house paid off in another year, and I only bought it three years ago. I'm actively doing something to improve my finances and my later quality of life, not hating and resenting people who have more than me. After I pay my mortgage, I have less money a week to spend on living essentials than a person on the dole, but I force myself to make ends meet, because I know in the end it'll be worth it.

I don't have the aptitude to start a business, but I do understand how the tax laws in my country operate, and what I can do myself to make those laws work for me. My governmnent's taxation policies are very kind to people who save for their own retirement because long term it saves tax dollars, so they have incentives to encourage people to do so. It isn't anyone else's business to look after you. With a little bit of knowhow, you could improve your situation dramatically.

I work very hard. I have TWO of those minimum wage jobs. I work my arse off. But I'll have my house paid off in another year, and I only bought it three years ago. I'm actively doing something to improve my finances and my later quality of life, not hating and resenting people who have more than me. After I pay my mortgage, I have less money a week to spend on living essentials than a person on the dole, but I force myself to make ends meet, because I know in the end it'll be worth it.

I really identify with what you posted, Donna. I have worked very hard for many years, sometimes two and three jobs at a time. I have sacrificed and pinched and saved to pay off debt and am now at the point in my life where I have money to do what I want, such as travel and pay someone to clean my house. Not because I make a lot or am rich, but because I sacrificed so much in the past and still sacrifice some things. For years, I lived in houses far below what I could afford and never bought anything new, even clothes. Now I have a big new house and some new clothes, but I pick and choose what's important to me. Hence my old beat up car sitting in the driveway. LOL. I'd rather travel than buy a new car. I may soon even get rid of this house so I have more money to travel and save for retirement.

I've noticed friends have changed since I bought this house and started going on trips a lot. They say hurtful things sometimes without even realizing it. Do they not see how much I've sacrificed over the years to get where I am? Do they not see that I still don't have a lot of the things they've spent money on, such as brand new cars and a pedicure and shopping mall trip every week?

I know I'm no billionaire, so hope I'm not going off topic too much. Felt good to get that out, though. :Look:

Another thing, people should not be allowed to make as much money as they want, tha...t is why billionaires take all the wealth for themselves, without having some sort of reasonable limit. While genuine people are working minimum wage, below the cost of living JOBS, working for big ol' corporations.

Not much freedom or personal incentive with this outlook. Who decides what someone is "allowed" to make? And if they make "too much," I suppose the government simply confiscates it? I call that stealing. Will the government also assume part of the risk of an entrepeneur who invests his/her own money knowing that his/her enterprise might fail and he/she loses it all? You know the answer to this. No way. Risk should be rewarded or else no one will take any risks. Remember, every job in the private sector was provided by an entrepeneur's willingness to risk their own capital. Therefore, you as an employee are the direct beneficiary of THEIR risk.

Yeah working hard is great, never said I disagreed with that. But should people really have to wait until they're old and grey to have money?

My problem is with the below living wage jobs. That was my original problem but then I was reading about that and it sort of evolved into this rant about billonaires. :shrug:

I still would agree with an imposed limit on CEO salaries. If I'm a little anti freedom in that aspect I don't really give a fuck. In fact it would be nice to have a single world government that has a deep interest with the safety and advancement of humanity. One that doesn't let corporations fuck the world over.

Maybe some people are perfectly content with throwing away their lives to work day in and out just to make it by, saving only a little bit each time, but I'm not. I'll probably be forced to do it, but I'm not content with it.

I mean for fuck sake, if this is the way things have to be at least give people something to live on, not a few cotton bills to wipe your ass with.

By the way I respect all your opinions, I'm not mad at anyone here.

Another topic of the sort deviating from this, I heard it would take only about 30 billion each year to feed the world. Not sure if it is true but, if it is, think about all the money we spend on useless crap, fancy diamonds, tobacco, war.. While the rest of the world is fucked over, people spend and invest money on completely toxic and utterly stupid things. People are expected to just make due and live their lives in a world of pain and misfortune. Another thing that pisses me off is churches, I see these big church buildings and I think to myself- wow I wonder how many people they could have fed instead of erecting a motherfucking fancy church for fancy people to goto on sundays in their suits and dresses.

Money can be spent on irrelevant things, but the way it is now its spent outrageously on irrelevant things instead of using it for shit that matters. Like I dunno, scientific research? To name one.

Another thing that pisses me off is churches, I see these big church buildings and I think to myself- wow I wonder how many people they could have fed instead of erecting a motherfucking fancy church for fancy people to goto on sundays in their suits and dresses.

I agree completely.

Yeah working hard is great, never said I disagreed with that. But should people really have to wait until they're old and grey to have money?

My problem is with the below living wage jobs. That was my original problem but then I was reading about that and it sort of evolved into this rant about billonaires. :shrug:

I still would agree with an imposed limit on CEO salaries. If I'm a little anti freedom in that aspect I don't really give a fuck. In fact it would be nice to have a single world government that has a deep interest with the safety and advancement of humanity. One that doesn't let corporations fuck the world over.

Maybe some people are perfectly content with throwing away their lives to work day in and out just to make it by, saving only a little bit each time, but I'm not. I'll probably be forced to do it, but I'm not content with it.

I mean for fuck sake, if this is the way things have to be at least give people something to live on, not a few cotton bills to wipe your ass with.

By the way I respect all your opinions, I'm not mad at anyone here.

Can you tell me, what the college drop out Bill Gates started with? Sam Walton waited tables in exchange for food early in life. Did he not deserve the fortune he made? Warren Buffet started his career going door to door selling gum and cokes and when still in high school had a number of pinball machines in operation. Walt Disney was a high school drop out and worked as an ambulance driver for the Red Cross then made ads for newspapers. These giants of industry and capitalism all started from modest means and I'm sure many other examples could be listed. Hell, look at Glen Beck. He never went to college, was a mediocre radio DJ and a recovering alcoholic. Now he rakes in millions. You don't have to wait till you are old to make it big.