Goodbye Jesus

Communicating With Angels

motion

I was wondering if anyone here has had any experience with Christians who claim that they can communicate with angels (Or are you someone who claims to be able to?). In particular people who claim that they can ask angels for guidance about something in their lives or someone else's life and then “receive” messages from one or more angels (e.g. Uriel, Sachiel, Raphael etc..)

I know a handful of New Age folks that say they get messages from the angels, but no Christians. One New Age lady in particular says she has frequent two-way talks with them, even with "Source". When I was a believer, I once told some others that I heard the voice of God audibly in response to two particular prayers, and they either didn't believe me or thought I imagined it. So, on one hand my own experience says that people can hear something that appears to answer as though it were God or an angel, and on the other hand I cannot provide proof of this to anyone. I don't know that I always believe the New Age folks who claim to hear them either. I like demonstrable results rather than gooey imaginary interactions.

I know a handful of New Age folks that say they get messages from the angels, but no Christians. One New Age lady in particular says she has frequent two-way talks with them, even with "Source". When I was a believer, I once told some others that I heard the voice of God audibly in response to two particular prayers, and they either didn't believe me or thought I imagined it. So, on one hand my own experience says that people can hear something that appears to answer as though it were God or an angel, and on the other hand I cannot provide proof of this to anyone. I don't know that I always believe the New Age folks who claim to hear them either. I like demonstrable results rather than gooey imaginary interactions.

Thanks for the reply.

I have searched a lot on the internet but I could just found "new age" type people claiming to be able to speaking with angels not Christians.

However I do know of someone (a Christian) who claims to communicate with angels and whom people go to on a regular basis to get guidance. (Almost like an oracle.) I have heard some of the messages that this individual has "received" - sometimes they can be vague and other times they can be very precise (sometimes shockingly). However I am skeptical about the whole thing - I wonder if it is just an extreme case of cold reading. However the interesting thing is the this person doesn't need to see the person with the request to be able to present the situation to the "angels" for guidance. Sometimes the person receives the request by phone, email or through a third party who is concerned for someone else.

Your thoughts, experiences will be appreciated

• Super Moderator

My guess is that most Christians would not deal with angels. The Bible indicates that they should pray to God through Jesus, and be guided by the Holy Spirit.

My ex-mother-in-law was in to angels quite a bit. I wasn't at all when I was a christian. To me, angels were pretty much just god's bitches.

One of the other folks on our forums is a pagan and runs into "Christian witches" now and then, which tells me that the person in question has a "pop-Christianity" where she picks what she likes and discards the rest. A lot of the "Angel" crowd does this, using Hebrew names for angels, and talking about Jesus healing them with light energy, and so on. But they also often talk about ascended masters of other faiths whom they consider equal with Jesus. It is an eclectic faith. I think those I've met in the Angel crowd really do believe they are dealing with different beings, as opposed to archetypes or character manifestations of God.

Some of the New Agey stuff can be on the Christian side, but if you ask straight up fundie christians, if they talk to anyone, they talk to Jesus/God. I've known self-labeled christians who believe in white-light kind of theology, healings, spirit communication, etc. and believe I'm going to hell for being pagan. Go figure, right? One would think all that against witches and mediums in the OT would make them wary of "conversing with spirits" and what have you.

But angels remain a popular subject in New Age and Occult literature. There will be people out there making the most of any mythology they are attracted to.

My guess is that most Christians would not deal with angels. The Bible indicates that they should pray to God through Jesus, and be guided by the Holy Spirit.

My grandparent's pastor wrote 3-4 books that he said Gabriel told him to write after ol' Gabe visited him a few nights in his sleep and took him to heaven, and even fed him manna. http://www.angelsonassignment.org/

I knew him fairly well when I was a kid. He seemed sincere, which makes me think there is at least a 30% chance he believed it himself and had suffered an extreme case of sleep paralysis or that he was suffering some sort of brain disorder. He was fairly old when it all started.

I would give his sincerity a better than 30% chance had it not been for the fact that his books had some claims in them that were just a little too convenient. For example, he said he met god and conversed with him in heaven, but for some odd reason he couldn't recall what god looked like, keeping in tact the bible claim that god cannot be seen. And, he said god gave him a list of prophesies that supposedly came true, such as a wife who was going to kill her husband, that he later confronted in a meeting in his office, etc... The paper god wrote the prophesies on, however, had simply turned to ash after he had committed them to memory providing no evidence except his word. :Wendywhatever: