Goodbye Jesus

Arrgh!

Amethyst

Overheard one of my cube neighbors (no, not fundy cube mate, he's not here today, w00t) talking on the phone. I know for a fact that he's Catholic. Anyway, he thinks it's the end times because of the earthquake and hurricane Katrina.

Ummmm...maybe it's because the press is hyping everything up lately? Maybe if you have millions of people in a tiny country on a fault line living in mud houses, they're probably going to die in a 7+ point quake?

Hello! Whatever happened to rationality?

I want the age of reason to come, darn it.

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.

I was at the book store that I end up at once a day. Anyway the girl making my hot tea was having a conversation with a guy behind me who was wearing some Jesus propaganda t-shirt. Lovely, I thought. I am stuck between two fuckin morons talking about how Jesus molested them or something (too many references to God "touching" them).

I grabbed my tea and sat down.

That little fundie shit gave me green tea, which I think is ass! I was going to get up and have her change it, but then there were three churchies standing there.

I settled with the green tea. I figure it is not worth the suffering I would have to go through.

That little fundie shit gave me green tea, which I think is ass! I was going to get up and have her change it, but then there were three churchies standing there.

I settled with the green tea. I figure it is not worth the suffering I would have to go through.

Bullshit! If she wasn't so busy gabbing about jesus to her pals, maybe she would have paid more attention to what she was doing! Rebuke that demon of laziness that possessed her! :HaHa:

As for the hurricanes/earthquakes, I believe we've had those before - like, for all of recorded history? But I'm sure this is finally the first sign of the apocalypse. 'Bout time!

Maybe it was something almost but not entirely unlike tea? ;)

But yeah. I'd have left with the tea if someone was in a preaching mood there.

As for the hurricanes/earthquakes, I believe we've had those before - like, for all of recorded history? But I'm sure this is finally the first sign of the apocalypse. 'Bout time!

I thought the apocalypse was supposed to happen in 1999. Whatever happened to Y2K?

I think that a lot of Fundy-type Christians were disappointed that Y2K fell through, and are still yearning for (or even trying to bring about) Armaggendon on their own; as if the destruction brought on by mass war, natural disasters, famine, and terrorism is going to either convince people that the doomsdayers were speaking the truth and that all should turn to Jesus, or somehow force Jesus to return thus proving to their detractors that "see there, we were right, you were wrong, nyah, nyah, nyah. Too late now, ha ha, here 's your copy of LEFT BEHIND to read in hell".

What scares me is the thought that some religious fanatic might actually bring about Armageddon because "god" told him so, or at least make the attempt -- hence, a self-fulfilling prophecy.