Goodbye Jesus

Christian babysitters better???

Angel

I was reading through the want ads seeing what was available in the area... I was looking under child care and I saw different people offering to watch others children... then I ran across this, "Christian mother will baby sit your child..." WTF? How does this make you more appealing??? How does that make you a better person to watch someone's child? Is it just me that thinks this way?

I was reading through the want ads seeing what was available in the area... I was looking under child care and I saw different people offering to watch others children... then I ran across this, "Christian mother will baby sit your child..." WTF? How does this make you more appealing??? How does that make you a better person to watch someone's child? Is it just me that thinks this way?

:Doh:

Do they really believe that Christians are somehow more virtuous

than the rest of us? Whoever ran that ad better check her silverware

drawer after she hires this "Christian" babysitter!

They want to pull in all those other Christians out there who think babysitters not advertising themselves as Jesus-worshipers will turn their little moppets into devil-worshipers, or teach them evolution, or expose them to heavy metal music, etc. Just being a Christian certainly does not mean you are better qualified to watch children. If you have kids, it's probably better that such babysitters do identify themselves as such, so you know not to turn your own kids over to their care!

Knowing what I know about "Christian" anything, I wouldn't trust any Christian to watch my kids. I'm glad they advertise in this way. Now you know who to avoid. The crazy fuckers might decide to perform an "exorcism" on your kids!

Knowing what I know about "Christian" anything, I wouldn't trust any Christian to watch my kids.  I'm glad they advertise in this way.  Now you know who to avoid.  The crazy fuckers might decide to perform an "exorcism" on your kids!

I suddenly got visions of Home Alone, with the antagonists being a couple

of fundy exorcists. The fun I could have with this idea..... ;)

I'm glad she's warning me. If I had kids and left them with someone only to come home and find them about to "pray the prayer" or something........I would go totally ballistic.

Same as if I walked in hearing the birds and bees talk being given.

That's MY JOB.

Her job is to watch kids, not "correct" anything (according to her sensibilities) I might have done as the full time parent.

I'd do my damndest to have her ass arrested for shit like that.

I personally think it is a marketing ploy.

I don't think I'd ever use a Christian fundie as a babysitter. They're way too disciplined. I wouldn't trust their judgment in a crisis either. :ugh:

Might get one of those that would only pray instead of act.

Oh, right, like that guarantees sainthood -- and, similarly, like non-Christianity means you are TEH EBIL!

People make their choices like that. Only the open-minded ones, of course LOL

I heard someone who was totally myserable and seeking a therapist. Her requirement was they had to at least be Christian, if not their own denomination.

She didn't just want help, she wanted from the very same idealogy that was making her miserable.

She got the help she asked for, just not what she really needed. She's still miserable as far as I know.

People are all about labels

That's not surprising in the least. Maybe it's local, but I know of a home-building company that advertises loud and clear that they're "Christian-based home builders" and that they're an alternative for people who wants Christians to build their homes. What in the fuck that has to do with it, I don't know; maybe the significance of being Christian carpenters or something.

I smell a cash-in, as there are those who only want Christ-endorsed products and services, advertising something as Christian, is almost a guaranteed way to make sales. Slick either way, if you ask me.

A person would be more likely to trust a person with their children if they share more common values.

Maybe I'll put out one for a "Libertarian man..." lol i think the kids would actually drive me insane

A person would be more likely to trust a person with their children if they share more common values.

Yes, Christians want to help each other out, and to hell with the enemy (read: anyone who doesn't believe the same way they do). It's them against "the world"!

Plus, as far as babysitting goes, they want to know that the people who watch their kids will not teach them anything about logic or critical thinking-- yes I know these are children, but a non-Christian could read a bible story to them and point out an obvious flaw in it, and thus "infect" the child with a dose of rational thought or thinking for themselves!!

Heaven forbid that should happen!

Christians are more trusting of their own kind, so that's why they advertise this.

I know if I saw an Evolvefish on someone's ad I'd be more inclined to do business with them.

I smell a cash-in, as there are those who only want Christ-endorsed products and services, advertising something as Christian, is almost a guaranteed way to make sales.  Slick either way, if you ask me.

I think you're right. So far I haven't figured out a way to hop on this gravy train myself, but I'm working on it.

This is how I see it too, so in some regard, not quite as offensive as it could be.

We even had (and they still might, but I wouldn't be seeking it out any longer) a phone directory for Christian businesses to advertise and for Christians to use so you'd know the business you were dealing with was in fact, Christian.

In hindsight, I just :Doh: at myself b/c I truly believed that if they had that damned fish on their ad, then they wouldn't slight me. "Well, he's a Christian, so he won't overcharge us." Sad thing is, and it's been said already here, I'd probably avoid a fishy ad now...more out of principle than anything.

Yes, Christians want to help each other out, and to hell with the enemy (read: anyone who doesn't believe the same way they do).  It's them against "the world"!

Christians are more trusting of their own kind, so that's why they advertise this.

EVERYONE is more trusting of their kind. It's just common sense - you are going to trust someone more if they share the same values as you. While this form of advertising might seem absurd, I'd do it in a heartbeat - it's all in the marketing. Gotta love capatalism, baby! :woohoo:

Well, after viewing that 1941 Rapture video, I won't ever deal with Christian businesses, any more. You can't rely on them being there every day... suddenly, some day, when you need them the most, they're going to disappear from where they are, in a puff. Won't even matter if they're driving a locomotive. LOL

Well, after viewing that 1941 Rapture video, I won't ever deal with Christian businesses, any more.  You can't rely on them being there every day... suddenly, some day, when you need them the most, they're going to disappear from where they are, in a puff.  Won't even matter if they're driving a locomotive.  LOL

...or delivering milk!! :lmao: Anywho, did you ever notice when you were a Christian that whenever another Christian spoke about someone they liked they always would tag that "and they're a Christian!" to the end of it? It would always be like this...Sunday morning church, "I got some really great rates from this insurance agent, he was real nice, I highly reccomend him, and he's a Christian! Politicians, business owners, whatever they may be. People definately use/abuse it for business opportunities. (I know my father does!)

Well.. I was never a Christian, but I know what you're talking about.

People have a way of communicating such that their ears don't hear what their mouth says.

I wonder what the night's summary would be like with this "Christian" babysitter?

So, Grace, how were the kids? Well, we had a lot of wholesome fun!! At first the kids were being a bit rambuncious and obviously demon-possesed, so I rebuked the demons back to the fiery hole they came from in the precious name of Jesus. After that, the kids seemed a bit in shock after the incident so I decided to ease the times with a game of Bible Adventures I brought over for the NES (true story that actually happened to me!! lol). It was like, soo spiritually moving! Praise God! Then we decided to have a Bible study along with some praise & worship songs and then shundala kundala humala!!! Teeheehee! We then had communion with some Nilla wafers and Welch's grape juice before I put them to bed. After they were in bed, I found myself feeling far from God and decided to remove my ankle-length, floral-print dress with the doily for a collar and treat myself to a baptism in your bathtub.

Did I succeed in getting all the stereotypes in one paragraph? :scratch:

The Christian who reads their New Testament will put people and babysitters in two categories.

1. Christian.

2. Sin-enslaved, dead-in-sin, Satan-blinded, anti-Christ enemies of God who love the darkness and cling to idols.

They will also want to pray with the babysitter about issues with the kids and maybe have her take over on some family Bible lessons.

If I were still Christian, I might have to do the same. :shrug:

In hindsight, I just  :Doh:   at myself b/c I truly believed that if they had that damned fish on their ad, then they wouldn't slight me.  "Well, he's a Christian, so he won't overcharge us."  Sad thing is, and it's been said already here, I'd probably avoid a fishy ad now...more out of principle than anything.

A friend of mine who was raised christian like I was, has a slogan: 'Fucked by the Fish.'

He's done a varitey of jobs, and is mostly self employed, and has been screwed by more christian businesses than non, hands down. He specifically avoids those pious enough to advertise it rather than show it through good business.