Goodbye Jesus

Life Is Driving Me Nuts

Galien

Ok, so I'm eighteenish months into deconversion. My eldest kid has recently married a muslim, and she is breastfeeding her new baby. We are on holidays and I ask did she find the bacon at the breakfast bar. She says "no, my husband has asked me not to eat bacon while I am breastfeeding so it doesnt go through into our son". Earlier I had a discussion with my partner in which he doesn't quite admit that he thinks homosexuality is wrong but infers it, and cannot give me a reason, but tells me there is a natural order of things that should not be played with.

Is it just me or does anyone else think it is fucking stupid to continue to do things in a certain way just because they have been done a certain way for thousands of years if they are of no real benefit to anyone? Really, who the fuck cares if my kid eats bacon, and are people really that dumb that they think a possible god has nothing better to do with his time than throw people into hell for consuming pig for fuck's sake?

Is there something wrong with me that I have missed? Why do I have to do anything, anytime if it is ridiculous and based on tradition if it has no meaning for me whatsoever? Is it wrong for me to expect people to stop and think about why they do what they do, is it bad for me to question them about it?

I think we should always challenge ourselves and our society concerning the traditional things we do. We should seek the purpose in the things we do and then, using the reality of our current knowledge and circumstances, determine if we should continue as before or make a much needed change.

Here's a legal example (I hope it doesn't bore you). The English common law developed a rule a long time ago called the Rule in Shelley's case which prevented a certain kind of real property conveyance. Since it's English common law and the United States inherited the English common law (as did Australia), then unless the Rule in Shelley's case was changed by statute, it was the law of the land. Up until 1973 (I think that's the correct year), South Carolina applied the Rule in Shelley's case and imposed this restriction on real estate conveyances. However, it turns out that the Rule in Shelley's case came about because 150 years ago in England people used the particular land conveyance technique as a way to circumvent an English inheritance tax and the Rule in Shelley's case was imposed to prevent this loophole in the tax law. South Carolina's inheritance tax did not contain this loophole and so the Rule in Shelley's case served no purpose other than to unnecessarily restrict real estate transactions. Our legislature finally abolished the Rule since it made no sense given our modern circumstances.

So, there, we should always challenge our old ways of thinking.

SO the nut job thinks bacon will make her milk "unclean"......Stupid......Quran 2:173 "animals dedicated to other than god" are also "unclean". So since we are animals and she is an "unbeliever" then why isn't she "unclean" without the bacon? See you can use that twisted garbage to justify anything!!!

The scary part is the compliance to the psychotic faith system that isn't hers(out of love).Mental and spiritual abuse no matter the reason is still abuse. Is this guy a fanatic muslim that is ok with beating his wife?

May your daughter be safe and happy always (this was only a point of discussion not an attack.)

Rest assured its not just you, Galian, so many 'traditions' just don't make sense to me today, and i expect there's many here that feel the same. Theres so much about xianily that is unexplainable to me as a thinking women, where does one start :). Like the man should be the head of the house. I could never understand why anyone should be head of the house? And so on and so on. Enjoy the baby.