Goodbye Jesus

Heaven v. God

regencybrougham

Here's something I've been thinking about.

I think that when I truly started seeking to know god, to have some sort of relationship or whatever, that's when it started to fall apart.

I think that most christians may truly believe that they're seeking to be christ-like but, in the end, heaven is the ultimate goal.

I know there was a definite change in the way I approached things when knowing, following, communing with god was what I wanted more than anything. Heaven hardly entered my mind after a certain point. Truly being with god was IT, whatever happened later was just an aside.

It almost seems to me that when you really start developing "the relationship," that's when you realize that there isn't one.

It almost seems to me that when you really start developing "the relationship," that's when you realize that there isn't one.
Emphasis, mine. :mellow:

Right on point, RB.

I went through a period where I was hoping that God would guide me when I was trying to help others see the light of God, but no such help came. I wanted people to find the peace that I thought I had, but God never helped me justify my belief.

I also went through some personal issues where I prayed to God, but felt utterly alone.

I eventually got to the point where I took care of my problems without the help of God, and I asked: if God is not there to console me, or help me, then why do I turn to Him when I "need help."

I eventually found the strenght within myself, and that made me question why I never got help from God when I asked.

The effort I put into developing a relationship with God was a waste, It just gave me another reason to leave faith all together.

I think that most christians may truly believe that they're seeking to be christ-like but, in the end, heaven is the ultimate goal.

Which always brings to mind the expression, "You're so heavenly minded, you're no earthly good," which always seemed to me to be in direct opposition to the teachings of the Christ they follow.

YIF's are helpful, as long as you realize it's you helping yourself. Call it what you wish.

It's when you add in what everyone ELSE tells you you must do in this life. Good advice is one thing, but laying out your days on the calendar with rules and regulations of how to brush your teeth, it takes you away from YIF.