Goodbye Jesus

Life is good without Jesus

Mike D

For the Christians that come to this site, do you feel we need Jesus to make our lives better? If so, why? What if our lives are better now than when we were a Christian?

I know that "better" could be considered a subjective term, but most people would probably agree that someone who is healthy, has money and is happy has a better life than someone who is stressed out, poor and miserable. Agreed? So if that's the difference, why would we want to go back to that if things are really better for us now? Wouldn't you just be happy for us that our lives are better and let us be?

And just for the record, I know that some of you are told by your pastor or whoever that non-Christians are miserable empty souls who are crying inside. Or maybe that was you before you became a Christian. Fine. But I am here to tell you right now that in many cases that is just flat out false. In fact it's not even logical. There's no reason why someone would leave Christianity if they were happy to go become an atheist or adopt some other belief system so they could then be an empty miserable soul. That's just idiotic.

So what do you think Christians, assuming we could somehow believe in Jesus again (since most of us now believe he is about as real as Santa Claus) why would we want Jesus back in our lives if our lives really are better now without him?

For myself, my life was more stressed trying to believe and live up to those perceived ideals..

And this crap about "being free in Christ" is just that: crap. I felt more in bondage..more guilt about stupid shit, like thoughts I would have.

I too get annoyed at the "you must really have been hurt to walk away"..uhm, no, not really..

The thoughts has been playing in my head from time to time too.

I really don't feel angst, bitterness, anger against any people, only against my own stupidity, limited knowledge and insane refusal to look at things from the other side.

And now, even without any form of faith or belief, I feel more satisfied, happy, positive about my own life than before. Why is that bad? I'm not commiting any "sins" (defined by the Christians). And it's not by choice, but just by "don't need to, don't want to".

Okay, okay, I do look at other women now and then, and I take the "lords name in vain" (especially on this site, hehe), but I'm not doing anything else. So why do I need religion, and what would it change?

My answer would be: nothing to the better, but probably would cause more anxiety instead.

Damn!

Ummmm... what they said...

My biggest regret now is that I wasted SO much of my life on a fairy tale and the foibles and fallacies thereof.

On the other hand, now that I know all I have is (most likely) this life, my loved ones, and what I may be able to do to alleviate the suffering of others when and where I can, I find myself less likely to be angry at my wasted 48 years. There just isn't time for that.

"Life Is Too Short". That should be Gospel. Even Billy Graham said, when asked if anything in life suprised him, said, 'the brevity'.

My life without the crushing weight of the freedom of the Gospel is still coming alive, and I find myself stretching and reaching towards places in my life that I never dared examine or even think about .

Even Jesus said "IF you continue in My Word, you shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free". I continued in 'His' word until I found the logical conclusion...i.e. what a load of b$llsh*t (facts upon request).

So if there ever was a Jesus, I guess 'He' was telling the truth in a way, and ya gotta love him for that.

Great topic by the way. Do you think a Christian will show up to answer? If not, I'd be glad to play Devil's Advocate.

:-)