Goodbye Jesus

Exorcisims???

seeker

First off I just want to say my personal belief is that people who are "Possesed" are more then likely Schzophrenic. However. I'm not an expert. I have read quite a bit about mental illness but there is still this stupid superstitious piece of me that wonders just what if....and when I do I get goosebumps and start listening to my own thoughts to see if I'm crazy!!! My cousin just called me up freaking out over the Emily Rose movie. She said the point of the movie was the pills that Emily Rose was taking did not help her condition...so that must mean something else was affecting her. I told her it doesn't necessarily mean that its demons just because the medicine wasn't helping.

We hung up the phone and I starting thinking more about it. I mean...I can't PROVE that these people are/aren't possesed. Some cases I've seen and read about are a bit different then most Schzophrenia cases. It really does freak me out and of course having a anxiety/panic disorder my brain immediatly goes into..."Shit...what if I started hearing/seeing things....then I would have to tell people and what a fool I would look like after running my mouth about how its all just mental illness!!!".

So what are peoples opinons on this matter. And can anyone relate to my way of thinking on it?

The medical field have only started to map different disorders. It wouldn't surprise me that eventually every person will be labeled with some kind of condition and not being "normal".

Anyway, that she didn't respond to pills could be because she had other disorders too, and even with regular pain killers, different people react different. Some people don't react at all to some painkillers, so I guess those guys don't have physical pain, but supernatural pain... :)

Our mind is a very mystical and powerful machine, we still have a lot to learn about what it can do, and how it can go wrong.

You heard about the family that wanted an exorcist...

because their house was repossessed!

(my kids came up with this at dinner :grin: )

I don't believe in jack shit. Not god, devils, demons, ghosts, angels, aliens, monsters, faries, elves, etc., etc. And I feel sorry for anyone who allows themselves to get all worked up over movies and silly ass stories. Life is tough. We've got problems. Deal with them rationally, and don't ADD to your problems by making up BS that you can't fix.

I'm sorry, but I just get fed up with 21st century man STILL behaving like scared apes that just climbed down from the fucking trees, being spooked by shadows and lightning strikes.

MHO.

i grew up in the "missionary field" and have seen exorcisms performed by my father...now at the time, i was still a xian so i was fully in belief of what was going on...but, there was also many witch doctors that performed "successful exorcisms" as well...my parents always told me that it was the devil and they werent really free from possession but the devil was making it look like it blah blah blah...so ok...whether or not it is an actual demon or not, it is my honest opinion that whatever the case may be...xian dont hold the patent on resolving the problem...if in fact the problem has been resolved...ive not done or read any studies on the long term effects of possession and exorcism, but i wouldnt be surprised if the exorcisms dont have to be repeated at certain intervals or "relapses"...but thats just my opinion :shrug:

Tis interesting that you never hear of an atheist or agnostic who is possessed by demons and exorcized. It would appear that to be possessed by demons, one must buy into the whole magical being worldview. As another poster put it, it is amazing that people in the 21st century still act like primitive primates who just crawled out of the trees.

Bruce

Tis interesting that you never hear of an atheist or agnostic who is possessed by demons and exorcized. It would appear that to be possessed by demons, one must buy into the whole magical being worldview. As another poster put it, it is amazing that people in the 21st century still act like primitive primates who just crawled out of the trees.

Bruce

When I was Christian, I believed every non-Christian had demons in them. :scratch:

And I resent the comment about our close relatives, the primates! Show some respect to our cousins will ya'! :vent: They are proud to climb in trees, and bananas are good for your brain. :grin:

Personally I don't think we're much different now from some thousands years ago. We have developed in the sense of language and rational thought, but we're still driven my emotional needs rather than the rational.

We're just primates with houses, cars, TV and internet.

Bruce

That's a good point. I thought to myself last night "Why would the devil posses me anyway when its obvious that I'm not going to heaven in the first place? ". And Im' sure Christians have examples of NON-Christians being possessed....they have an answer for everything it seems.

I don't believe in jack shit.  Not god, devils, demons, ghosts, angels, aliens, monsters, faries, elves, etc., etc.  And I feel sorry for anyone who allows themselves to get all worked up over movies and silly ass stories.  Life is tough.  We've got problems.  Deal with them rationally, and don't ADD to your problems by making up BS that you can't fix.

I'm sorry, but I just get fed up with 21st century man STILL behaving like scared apes that just climbed down from the fucking trees, being spooked by shadows and lightning strikes.

MHO.

Same here. Every time a bible-stroker tries to get me to believe in whatever entity they believe, I tell them the same thing:

"Show me your god."

To this day I have yet to be shown anything other than imaginative speculation and the human desire that it be true, compensating for the fear it may not be.

[puts on robe and wizard hat]

"I HAVE EXERCIIIIIIIIIISED THE DEMONS-AH!"

[takes off robe and wizard hat]

actually on that note. WE'RE the mutants, because we mutated from the monkeys. We're always afraid of evil maurading orcish mutants with machine guns attactached to their butts, and eyes for rocket launches, and other video game stuff. That technically we're the Orcish mutant ogres with those weapons, maurading across the world. Isn't that nuts man?

That we humans are the "Orcs" that are destroying everything in our ramapage of rape and pillage.

Yup. I know there's a book (I haven't read yet), that talks about how civilization and human influence and society can be compared to a virus or a cancer growth. We pretty much follow the same rules.

Invade and overtake and destroy, repeat formula...