Goodbye Jesus

Dear Razor

Purple

You said in another thread that "many" of the ex-christians here left Christianty due to burn out. From what I have read none here have, therefore you owe us all an apology. Before you came here I wrote this..

http://www.ex-christian.net/index.php?showtopic=2921&hl=

so I do not expect you to actaully apologise for your false claims. Go ahead prove me wrong and be humble.

For the rest of the Christians on this board I find it highly offensive when you use words like many and all. Although I like and respect many of the people here our stories and beliefs are far from all the same. If you are speaking to or about one person say so, thanks.

For the rest of the Christians on this board I find it highly offensive when you use words like many and all.
It's the mindset, Purple. The mindset doesn't allow them the ability to see people as individuals.

There are only two types of people as far as they are concerned:

Them = GOOD

Us = BAD

Nice'n simple. :HaHa:

For the rest of the Christians on this board I find it highly offensive when you use words like many and all. Although I like and respect many of the people here our stories and beliefs are far from all the same. If you are speaking to or about one person say so, thanks.

The Sin of Sloth is upon them! They generalize because it is easier and more convenient to do so, they say we're all the same and have had the same experiences because it would be too much of an effort to refrain from generalizing.

They are sinful! Sinful I say! :vent::wicked:

The Sin of Sloth is upon them! They generalize because it is easier and more convenient to do so, they say we're all the same and have had the same experiences because it would be too much of an effort to refrain from generalizing.

They are sinful! Sinful I say!  :vent:   :wicked:

Okay, but can he generalize us to be something that most of us are. I admit I have not read this whole site, but I have read many of the ex-testimonies, I have yet to read one that says they left due to burn out. Most say quite clearly they studied and looked for proofs and found none, or that things did not make sense, or something intelectual, not burn out.

It's the mindset, Purple. The mindset doesn't allow them the ability to see people as individuals.

Them = GOOD

Us = BAD

Nice'n simple.  :HaHa:

Well, I'm b-b-b-b-b-b-bad... bad to the bone... b-b-b-bad...

Merlin

Well, I'm b-b-b-b-b-b-bad... bad to the bone... b-b-b-bad...

Merlin

:woohoo:

On the day he was born, the nurses all gathered 'round

They gazed in wide wonder, at the sorcerer they had found

The head nurse spoke up, she said leave this one alone

She could tell right away, that he was bad to the bone

On the day he was born, the nurses all gathered 'round

They gazed in wide wonder, at the sorcerer they had found

The head nurse spoke up, she said leave this one alone

She could tell right away, that he was bad to the bone

:lmao::lmao:

*plays guitar solo*

Merlin

Okay, but can he generalize us to be something that most of us are. I admit I have not read this whole site, but I have read many of the ex-testimonies...

I'd say he didn't even read one. No one here said that we've left the faith thanks to burnout or something like that. However he said it anyway.

Before he even stepped inside this forum, he already "knew in his heart" the reasons why we've left christianity. It doesn't matter to him if what he knows is wrong, faith guides him, faith tells him that it *cannot* be that we've left christianity because of reason. So if we say such a thing, we must be liars or self deluding fools in his eyes. (and he explicitly called us self deluding in one thread).

I'm waiting for his answer too... but I'm sure that it will amount to a pile of nonsensical crap, as usual. *sighs* :Hmm:

I heard (from a lot of pulpits) that only two types of people exist... 'saved' and 'unsaved'.

Why Jesus is then puking out the lukewarm 'saved' in Revelation, I never could figure.

And I thought I couldn't make up my mind!!!

:eek::twitch:

Why Jesus is then puking out the lukewarm 'saved' in Revelation, I never could figure.

I always wanted to know who this Luke Warm was too! :grin:

Them = GOOD

Us = BAD

Nice'n simple.  :HaHa:

Yo! Please do not generalise.

IMHO,

Them = GOOD & BAD

Us = GOOD & BAD

Yo! Please do not generalise.

IMHO,

Them = GOOD & BAD

Us      = GOOD & BAD

then let's correct again, shall we?

Based on your own holy book...

Them Christians = GOOD -> Because ALL christians, indifferently, claim that if a christian does something wrong, or bad, or cruel, then he wasn't a real christian or wasn't acting as christ teached to. That means that real christians are supposed to be good because christ teached so in the gospels or whatever.

Us = BAD -> The fool sayeth in his hearth and so on. We left faith so we're damned, and so forth. The bible condemns us, and you know it.

So if you come and say that GAWD equates Christians and ExChristians, you are lying or you don't know a thing about your own holy book.

Two days and still we havn't heard from Razor. To me this, and other things I have seen him post like "Post to someone who cares" says a lot to me, not about what kind of Christian Razor is, I really couldn't care less, but it says a lot about what kind of person he is. Mostly, by his actions here, I see an arrogant man. :shrug::shrug:

I'm kinda curious why people like Pug and Razor and Spirit1st are here.

I mean, I joined this site for support. To learn from like-minded people. To help to overcome the meme that had invaded my brain. And, it has been a wonderful place for that. Thank you Dave. From the bottom of my heart.

I didn't come here with the intent to argue and fight and poke fun at fundamental christians. That just ended up being icing on the cake.

I mean, I joined this site for support.  To learn from like-minded people.  To help to overcome the meme that had invaded my brain.  And, it has been a wonderful place for that.  Thank you Dave. From the bottom of my heart.

I didn't come here with the intent to argue and fight and poke fun at fundamental christians.  That just ended up being icing on the cake.

Mythra, you and I are obviously hewn from the same hunk of concrete! I'm with you on this. Down to the last bit of frosting! (Preferably chocolate.) :grin:

I came to find some common ground. It is highly insulting to hear "you were never Christian", "You left because they hurt you.", "You burned out."

Burn out also presupposes a return at some point after a "rest" period. Like a much needed vacation from a tough job.

The common ground I have found. These idiots who do post here are just that. Somehow not as intelligent as others I have dealt with elsewhere. Bumbling fools, most of them.

Two days and still we havn't heard from Razor. To me this, and other things I have seen him post like "Post to someone who cares" says a lot to me, not about what kind of Christian Razor is, I really couldn't care less, but it says a lot about what kind of person he is. Mostly, by his actions here, I see an arrogant man.  :shrug:   :shrug:

What can I say? He's a coward.

All thrust, no vector.

As for why I came here, basically as a place to get my sanity back. No great deconversion tale to tell, I was just sick of seeing nothing but nutcase fundies and neede some fresh clean air.

Merlin

I mean, I joined this site for support.  To learn from like-minded people.  To help to overcome the meme that had invaded my brain.  And, it has been a wonderful place for that.  Thank you Dave. From the bottom of my heart.

I didn't come here with the intent to argue and fight and poke fun at fundamental christians.  That just ended up being icing on the cake.

I can not explain why all Xians come here, I can tell you why I am here. I enjoy, for the most part at least, the intelligence of many of the members here. I am challenge in my own beliefs and it causes me to dig deeper into theological matters, to examine my own heart and beliefs. I do not believe anything I can say as a mere man will change the heart set of many of you, nor do I think that you can change my beliefs. However, I enjoy challenge, I enjoy learning, and it makes me more aware of some of the false beliefs so many so called Xians are out there claiming to be truths. Biblical knowledge seems to evade most of them. Anyhow, I look forward to future conversations.

He may be, but this I do not see has cowardice, I see it as arrogance, that "Who me?? I could never be wrong" attitude. Making generalised statements like he did you are bound to be wrong, yet from time to time many of us do so, the thing is if I do make this mistake either as soon as I notice, or when I am called on it I will apologise.

I can not explain why all Xians come here, I can tell you why I am here. I enjoy, for the most part at least, the intelligence of many of the members here. I am challenge in my own beliefs and it causes me to dig deeper into theological matters, to examine my own heart and beliefs. I do not believe anything I can say as a mere man will change the heart set of many of you, nor do I think that you can change my beliefs. However, I enjoy challenge, I enjoy learning, and it makes me more aware of some of the false beliefs so many so called Xians are out there claiming to be truths. Biblical knowledge seems to evade most of them. Anyhow, I look forward to future conversations.

Hat's off to ya, x. This is one of the best, most unpretentious posts I've seen for awhile from a Christian. :Medal:

Hat's off to ya, x.  This is one of the best, most unpretentious posts I've seen for awhile from a Christian. :Medal:

Myrtha,

Well thank you. I find way more offence in some of the beliitling posts from so called people of God. I hope as time progress's we find some common ground, and you appreciate my point of view as much as I enjoy yours.

Talk soon

X

It's a very good reason Xtb. In my opinion that is the best reason to come here for a Christian. To challenge their own faith, to be sure that what they believe can hold trials and testing. Because if it can't, then your faith is not solid.

Besides, you might not lose your faith just because you come here and debate, but if you one day would deconvert, you will remember many of the topics and questions that were raised here.

Hat's off to ya, x.  This is one of the best, most unpretentious posts I've seen for awhile from a Christian. :Medal:

I totally second that.