Goodbye Jesus

Which Church Father Are You?

MultifariousBirdLady

I have no idea where to put this, but I sometimes like little tests like this. I figured the Lion's Den would work so that people could say what they got as well as poke fun at it.

So...

Which Church Father Are You?

I got...

final_justin.png

You’re St. Justin Martyr!

You have a positive and hopeful attitude toward the world. You think that nature, history, and even the pagan philosophers were often guided by God in preparation for the Advent of the Christ. You find “seeds of the Word” in unexpected places. You’re patient and willing to explain the faith to unbelievers.

Well, I am patient and willing to explain my skepticism to believers. Does that count?

And yeah, those Pagan philosophers rock. :3:

Goodbye Jesus
You are Origen! You do nothing by half-measures. If you’re going to read the Bible, you want to read it in the original languages. If you’re going to teach, you’re going to reach as many souls as possible, through a proliferation of lectures and books. If you’re a guy and you’re going to fight for purity … well, you’d better hide the kitchen shears.

Yep! I would love to read the Bile in it's original language (the original docs too, if they still existed). If more people would listen, I'd show them just how deep the rabbit hole goes.

final_origen.png

You are Origen!

You do nothing by half-measures. If you’re going to read the Bible, you want to read it in the original languages. If you’re going to teach, you’re going to reach as many souls as possible, through a proliferation of lectures and books. If you’re a guy and you’re going to fight for purity … well, you’d better hide the kitchen shears.

Well that was a no brainer !!!

You are Tertullian! final_tertullian.png

You possess many gifts, but patience isn’t one of them. You’re tough on yourself — and on others. You’re independent, too, and you don’t like to be told what to do. You wish the Church would be a little tighter in discipline. As for the pagans, you’ve pretty much written them off. Sometimes you think the Church would be a better place if you were in charge.

This fits the Christian me to a T.