Goodbye Jesus

Creationist Quote Of The Day

Surrounded

"Science is SOOOOOO DUMB! All it does is make stuff up!"

From a senior girl in my class during a discussion of evolution.

Yes, science is non-sensical, but telepathic prayer to your invisible deity is totally real.

If the stupid doesn't hurt your brain too much, try Fundies say the darndest things. A real gold mine of humor...

• Like 1

Well, your friend has a point. Science is pretty damn stupid. Like that germ theory of disease. Am I supposed to believe that some little bugger I can't even see without a microscope can make me sick? I don't think so. All those little things on the slide are like the dust particles on your cornea; they float around and don't do much. And don't get me started on the moon "landing". What a fake thing that was!

I was kind of going for a "Fundies say the darndest things" style here. Think of it as an homage lol. I think what amuses me the most about that one is that she is totally convinced that her side is the reasonable one that goes only on fact.

Here's one from an online discussion in my biology class last semester. We had been assigned a video to watch about a scientist who created a process of evolution through natural (maybe artificial in this case?) selection in a computer simulation.

itself is actually quite good and helped me to be able to comprehend an idea of what happens to body forms in biological evolution.

The fundie quote in question:

After doing the reading and watching the video on evolution I definitely feel like I understand the theory of evolution a little better. With that being said I don't agree with a single piece of it. The guy in the video talked about how he doesn't see how a single person could create so many wonderful things, that man needs to be saved. The video was very interesting though and it really makes you think, which is good when looking at this theory.

:twitch: You can't just create your own reality, man!

(Senior girl asking me about the upcoming religion final)

"Whats a design inference?"

(Me) "When something appears to be designed I guess"

(reading the question on the study guide)

"and whats an example?"

"(Me sarcastically) "Pretty sunsets is one."

"OH OK!"

:ugh:

That's just depressing.

A senior girl discussing Darwin's Finches while studying for the religion final. I don't know where to begin with this, except crying. (Read it with a "valley girl" accent)

"It's, like, the worst proof for evolution! What if he just saw two different birds?! And what if god made those birds for climate change because animals will do weird changes sometimes."

LOL. Why is evolution on the religion final anyways? Is the class treating 'Darwinism' (at least their concept of it) as a religion or something?

If you believe in evolution you fall under the secular humanism world view. So we need to know the "faults" of evolution to combat atheism.

• 2 weeks later...

Two new posts for you all.

The first happened during my Trig. class. A senior girl said the following: "How did they just come up with that? Did God tell them what Pi was? He must have just told them how to do math because there's no way anyone could just come up with that!"

Yes, Pi= Circumference/Diameter required divine inspiration dear. THAT'S how the Egyptians built the pyramids! Even though they didn't believe in Yahew....

Second: this is from a conversation that happened at lunch. A senior girl (who does dance and probably has had contact with a homosexual or two, and will be called "T" from now on) chastised another senior girl (the one who hates science from my first post, who I will now refer to as "H") for saying "fag." H responded "But that's what they are! They are fags!" A a bi racial senior boy (one of the few person's of color at my school) agreed with her. T asked "Why do you of all people think that's ok? You would be offended by the N word!" He said "Well, I'm up here (puts his hand at a level above the table) and fags are here (places another hand far below the first). I jumped into the conversation, "And all of us, Except you H since you are native american, (she scowled at me) are waaaaaaay up here right?" He laughed at this and went back to his food. H continued "I HATE Fags!" I asked her why. She said "Because they are FAGS!" At this point I was too shocked to continue, although T did for a minute or two more before the conversation changed.

I have always heard Christians say "I don't like homosexuality but I love the sinner as Jesus would do." This isn't good, but certainly not awful. This is the first time I have encountered flat out bigotry in my life, and it was disgusting.

^How do you keep your head from exploding on a daily basis?

My struggle doesn't compare to someone who actually is homosexual and goes to a school like this. I remember that

The first happened during my Trig. class. A senior girl said the following: "How did they just come up with that? Did God tell them what Pi was? He must have just told them how to do math because there's no way anyone could just come up with that!"

:funny:

Yes. The Greek philosophers must have been Christians! :Doh:

• 1 month later...

"I wonder if, before The Fall, Adam could use 100% of his brain in the Garden of Eden. It explains how he named all those animals!"

My school's history teacher

"I wonder if, before The Fall, Adam could use 100% of his brain in the Garden of Eden. It explains how he named all those animals!"

My school's history teacher

But we still discover new species daily, I guess Adam must still be around somewhere :shrug: and has learned Latin in the meantime.

.......This is the first time I have encountered flat out bigotry in my life, and it was disgusting.

Trust me it won't be the last.

My first name is Christian. I worked at bank where we had name tags. Had a dude walk up to do a transaction and ask if I was. Replied "not anymore". He called me a backslider and started laughing.

I would've refused to serve him at that point, but I am white and he was black. So yeah..not as vehement as yours but if you every come out expect you will hear crap from christians who don't even know you.

My first name is Christian. ...

DUDE!!!! That fucking sucks!! :HaHa:

My first name is Christian. ...

DUDE!!!! That fucking sucks!! :HaHa:

Sometimes it does. That's why I love working in a non customer facing role now. My parents said there were to many Christophers when I was born. :shrug: