Goodbye Jesus

A Goodbye And An Explanation

Shyone

I suppose this forum is as good as any.

I haven't been here for a while. I went on vacation without computers or telephone, and when I got back, I found that there wasn't any pressing need to resume what I had been doing other than work, love and relax.

I'm in a good place now, meaning that I am satisfied with what I think I know, how I think, and how I deal with life. I have no angst, bad memories or anger issues.

For the "Big Questions", I am content to leave the answers unsolved knowing that it is at least possible that the answers will be known eventually. I won't solve them by debate, and they don't affect my life in any conceivable way. There is evidence being collected continuously, and I will wait to see if my own ideas are vindicated or refuted, but I won't suffer regardless of the results of that research.

I find that when I put myself in situations where I disagree with someone, it creates feelings that I'd rather not experience. I don't thrive on conflict. Whoever wrote, "It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all" (Alfred Lord Tennyson) may have the gist right, but there is not much reason to make friends when I have all of the friends and love I need. Losing new friends over matters that are fundamentally trivial to me is worse than never to have had those friends at all.

But I won't say that I'll never be back. I may need advice, conversation or diversion some day. I still follow religious issues in the news - religiously. And I am better informed than I would have been had I not had the experience of being a member of this site. Who knows what the future holds?

For the present, I'll say goodbye, good luck and best wishes for all.

Shy,

It's good to hear from you, and I'm happy that everything is okay with you. Many have come here and stayed for a while, then realizing that they don't need it anymore and can move on. There's no shame to it and really no explanation is needed.

I wish you good luck but will still look forward to a day when you might come back. You always made good contributions to the discussions.

Hans

I second Hans. You will be missed but I completely understand. Peace, brother.

These seem like as good as any reasons to go (certainly better than most I've read recently).

I enjoyed having you around and wondered where you went. Thought maybe you went native on your vacation. :)

:wave:

mwc

Many well-wishes, Shy! It's good to know that it is peace and contentment at the root of your absence.

Be well,

Phanta

• Super Moderator

I always enjoyed your comments and wondered why you stopped hanging out here. Glad you're in a good place. Much happiness to you and yours -- always!

Sounds like this place served its purpose for you and that's great! Sad to see you go, but very happy for your contentment in life. Maybe we'll see you in a future discussion or two! Maybe not. Either way, best wishes and a fulfilling life!

Dan

Good to see you're alive and well! :grin: Some of us were worried you'd wrapped your Mercedes around a telephone pole or something.

Yes I wondered too where you had gone, and if you were still alive and kicking. Thanks for letting us say goodbye to you! Hope you'll be back sometime :-)

• Super Moderator

Glad you're okay. Good luck, and please come back any time.

I'm glad you're doing well Shyone but I'll miss your presence on the forums and I hope you'll still drop by every once and awhile. Live long and prosper!

Glad you dropped in and updated us Shyone! Best wishes to you always.

I have missed you, you have a such a beautiful soul. I'm glad you are happy :)

It's good to hear from you Shyone. I know that I will miss your presence on the board and your posts, but I'm glad to hear that you're well. It is good to be at peace. Take care.

Thanks for letting us know that you are doing well. I am thrilled that you are happy and in a good place. Keep loving life! Perhaps our paths will cross again someday.

Going to miss you man. :HappyCry:

We need posters on this forum like you.

Shy, you are one of the people on this forum I always sought out in threads, and I enjoyed reading what you had to say.

You were one of the first people to comment on my testimonial and were supportive back in the day, and that always stuck with me.

You will be missed no doubt.

I would say good luck and god bless..... well you know. :wicked: haha

For the present, I'll say goodbye, good luck and best wishes for all.

Bye man, and same to you. Enjoy life whatever way you wish ;)

Doc,

Good to have had you onboard even for the somewhat short time you cared to be here.

Pleased to know you've found a sweet spot that is stable and easy to tie up at.

Always have a light on, door is open when you may want to drop back in.

k

... I am better informed than I would have been had I not had the experience of being a member of this site. ...

And I feel I am better informed than I would have been because you were a member of this site. I'll miss your thoughtful posts.

Glad you're in a happy place. (When I saw the thread title, I was afraid you were going to tell us you had slipped back into Christianity, because we've had a few of those sorts of "goodbyes." Glad that's not the case.)

Well, all I can say is: It's been good reading you and ... Have a nice life!

Bye Shyone. Hope you come around again sometime.

Shy, it was great having you around, and your presence will be missed - glad you are enjoying your life, and hopefully we'll see you around every now and then ;)