Goodbye Jesus

Deconversion Day

Guest aexapo

I was reading Indoctrinated's post about her leaving church (congrats, BTW http://www.ex-christian.net/index.php?show...indpost&p=93717 ), and I was thinking . . . maybe we should have a holiday for such a momentous occasion -- not a personal anniversary (I can't remember the exact calendar day), but a day we can celebrate reason, and logic, and SCIENCE . . . but, most importantly, the act of disconnecting from the Borg.

I've only been hanging around here since this summer, so maybe it's something you guys have already discussed . . . but, what are your thoughts?

Oh, i forgot to mention another idea -- if we were to do such a thing, maybe we could do in the "old-time Christian way" . . . you know, hijack an existing holiday, and turn it into our own?

Of course, it couldn't be anything too important, because if the idea caught on, no one would pay attention if they were shopping in the mall for presents . . . so, my choice would be something like taking Pentecost Sunday or something?

I think that is a great idea. I was thinking we could celebrate the holiday on April Fools (since we are no longer fools), Easter/spring (to celebrate the birth of our intellect), or perhaps on the first Sunday of the New Year. We need a summer holiday, so perhaps a July or August date would be nice.

First, we should get the word "deconversion" into the English dictionary, it's not a word. :shrug:

well if we have a holiday it definitely has to be a hijacked christian holiday...since they tend to do all the hijacking of pagan holidays...i would say easter sunday, but not sure if we want to stoop to that low of a level...basically the level they are on

I like the idea of hijacking April Fool's Day. "The fool says in his heart, 'There is no god!'" -- Psalm 14:1. Most appropriate.

I like all of the suggestions. Even the idea of "stooping to their level" wouldn't be so bad -- we could say, "It just proves that we're ALL human with no real networking capabilities with Higher Beings in outer space."

Easter would be a really good one -- despite the fact that almost everyone bows to the Big G in the sky, church attendence keeps dropping, and I don't think many "twice a year" christians are really showing up for Easter as much.

Or, if we wanted something in the summer, we could invent our own day -- like July 5th . . . and call it our Independence from Religion Day.

ooo...ooo...ooo...and can we make greeting cards to send to our fundy friends and family...ones that say...know jesus? no peace, know peace? no jesus....and "jesus IS the reason for the season!"

and more importantly, we should have all kinds of inane rituals we should perform too...totally off the wall and illogical rituals that help us bolster our faith in the idiocy that surrounds us...and we should celebrate it at the mall

I'm only doing this if there will be a monotonously boring bell choir.

Otherwise, I'm out. :HaHa:

Here is what we need:

- A chant

- Creepy Mormon Sunday clothes

- Little booklets that we can De-convert with ooh, ooh, maybe a comic book that is styled to attract the hip children of today.

- It should be on a school day so we can pass them out during dismissal.

I am officially on board!

I'm leaning toward summer so that the parties can involve bikinis. When you get out of the pool and dry off, it could be symbolic for removing your baptism and everyone could take a drink and cheer each time someone does it. And lot's of free sex to symbolize, uh, well, uh, well, we're figure out what that symbolizes later.

That was incredibly sexist....

;) Though I was laughing my ass off...

That was incredibly sexist....

;)   Though I was laughing my ass off...

Well, at least you didn't disagree with the idea. :Doh:

:lmao:

and more importantly, we should have all kinds of inane rituals we should perform too...totally off the wall and illogical rituals that help us bolster our faith in the idiocy that surrounds us...and we should celebrate it at the mall

Yes. I propose a ritual consisting of crouching while making grunting noises. We'd have to do it in unison, so that when our Christian relatives asked what we were doing (as they tag along for the service), we could say, "Why, Sammie, when we do that, we're spiritually shitting out all of that crap we used to believe in!"

mancrouching.jpg

woman_crouching%202.jpg

Here is what we need:

- A chant

- Creepy Mormon Sunday clothes

- Little booklets that we can De-convert with ooh, ooh, maybe a comic book that is styled to attract the hip children of today.

- It should be on a school day so we can pass them out during dismissal.

I am officially on board!

Instead of wine and crackers . . . maybe we could do beer and garlic bread? Belching could signify the "holy spirit" leaving our apostate souls . . .

"Buuuuuuuuuurp! Ooops! There went Jesus!"

You all seem to forget the perfect holiday for this - Festivus! The totally secular holiday!

Get your metal poles ready!

Instead of wine and crackers . . . maybe we could do beer and garlic bread? Belching could signify the "holy spirit" leaving our apostate souls . . .

"Buuuuuuuuuurp! Ooops! There went Jesus!"

Ooh, ooh, I had pizza today....

....I am feeling a bit "spiritual" right now

:fart:

:clap:

Yes. I propose a ritual consisting of crouching while making grunting noises. We'd have to do it in unison, so that when our Christian relatives asked what we were doing (as they tag along for the service), we could say, "Why, Sammie, when we do that, we're spiritually shitting out all of that crap we used to believe in!"

:lmao: yep....

beer instead of wine...

Ha! shadalaboka burrrp! :lmao: sqeuzzzse me twaaase the beer speaking instead of new wine. LMAO!!! :HaHa:

What a damn good picture! :HaHa:

av-516.jpg

What about thanksgiving season time when the supposed founding fathers came over and founded "Freedom of Religion" We sure as hell ain't seeing freedom of religion it's infestestation of religion, intolerance and bigots due to religion against secularists :Hmm:

I'd say bring it back to the original people who ran around in slinky leather skins with dark sexy skin WOOOO :3some:

:phew:

Yes.  I propose a ritual consisting of crouching while making grunting noises.  We'd have to do it in unison, so that when our Christian relatives asked what we were doing (as they tag along for the service), we could say, "Why, Sammie, when we do that, we're spiritually shitting out all of that crap we used to believe in!"

mancrouching.jpg

woman_crouching%202.jpg

94970[/snapback]

Great idea! Perhaps we could market some kind of de-conversion laxative for the special day.

It could come in different strengths too.

1) Christian De-Con Lite Laxative : For the twice-a-year Christian

2) Christian De-Con Regular Laxative: For mainline Protestants and Catholics

3) Christian De-Con Extra Strength Laxative: For the fundies in our midst

4) Christian De-Con Laxative for Televangelists:

I could start thinking of some hysterical warning labels for these products, but I have to get back to my homework.

IBF