Goodbye Jesus

Your God Is Angry

Sybaris

Was in a discussion with a believer today and they kept ascribing human attributes to their god, go figure.

The conversation had to end due to other committments but I was going to ask them how a believer rationalizes emotion out of an omniscient entity.

Anyone been down that road?

Can one actually rationalise emotion? I think this is where a lot of ex-chriatian athiests who never had an emotional connection with god have trouble understanding christians.

Can one actually rationalise emotion? I think this is where a lot of ex-chriatian athiests who never had an emotional connection with god have trouble understanding christians.

I think the christian emotional connection to their god is understood quite well by atheists. Something make-believe can be attributed with anything. I think that is called fantasy.

• Like 1

God was made by righteous men, and anger is their vice.

I think the christian emotional connection to their god is understood quite well by atheists. Something make-believe can be attributed with anything. I think that is called fantasy.

See I find that very dismissive in the way christians are often dismissive of the experiences of others. To know for sure it is a fantasy, you have to have some kind of proof there is no god and you don't. You know, the longer I am out of christianity the more I realise it wasn't entirely christianty that shitted me about christians. It was human nature.

See I find that very dismissive in the way christians are often dismissive of the experiences of others. To know for sure it is a fantasy, you have to have some kind of proof there is no god and you don't. You know, the longer I am out of christianity the more I realise it wasn't entirely christianty that shitted me about christians. It was human nature.

Fascinating.

I don't think you've quite kicked the habit.

Fascinating.

The habit I have kicked is thinking I have all the answers and I am capable of knowing what goes on inside other people's heads. And just because I don't jump on the bandwagon and feel happy scorning the beliefs of others in the way the athiest club tells me I should does NOT mean I have not kicked the habit of christianity. Just the habit of being a fucking know all.

Fascinating.

The habit I have kicked is thinking I have all the answers and I am capable of knowing what goes on inside other people's heads. And just because I don't jump on the bandwagon and feel happy scorning the beliefs of others in the way the athiest club tells me I should does NOT mean I have not kicked the habit of christianity. Just the habit of being a fucking know all.

For the record I like scorning believers of any religion. Some of them gain public offices and sponsor laws that affect my lifestyle so no guilt assumed here. Regardless, you assume to think I'm a know it all. Pot kettle black

Would you find it more plausable to dismiss the purple unicorn in my closet or belief in a supernatural invisble man? Yeah, going down the relativistic road I'm free to believe whatever but the evidence for either is unconvincing. However I think society would tend to be swayed by the weight of subscribers to the latter through the millenia, untangible as it is.

Back to the original topic, would an omniscient entity have emotion?

Well xtains say that God is love. Love is an emotion. By the way the bible describes God he is full of emotions. He is vengefull, mercifull, loving, caring...blah blah blah...

Omniscient means all knowing in which case I don't believe the word itself excludes emotions. However to have total knowledge you would think one would be a bit more understanding than God seems to be.

I'm in no way defending God or xtians so don't take my reply that way. I personally do not believe in the fairy tale. I do believe however that xtians do believe that God is emotional, in which case would be a scary thing to believe in. What if he is having a bad day? You can't have one emotion without having the opposite. I mean if he did exist how could he be impartial?

Guest I Love Dog

Was in a discussion with a believer today and they kept ascribing human attributes to their god, go figure.

The conversation had to end due to other committments but I was going to ask them how a believer rationalizes emotion out of an omniscient entity.

Anyone been down that road?

I've never actually met anyone that dumb!