Goodbye Jesus

God will not be mocked

MQTA

What's up with God will not be mocked?

What does that mean?

NO matter how hard we try, we can't mock Him? or what?

HOW can God be mocked?

Why do people talk as if we're gonna hurt His itty bitty feelings.

Come on, a master who creates a universe and any of us puny ones can poke fun at him and upset Him? He's THAT sensitive?

What do they imply when they tell you God will NOT be mocked?

Well, we prove all the time that God can be mocked. We do it all the time, and we (as far as I know) aren't suffering a higher percentage of heart attacks or lightning strikes than the general population.

I think what christians will say is that God can be mocked, but he'll get even.

Then, we go back to that whole hell, suffering, weeping, stuff. Where you get to take your teeth with you so you can gnash em.

Silly Yahweh. Trix are for kids.

See? I proved it.

God will be mocked.

so it's just another bumper sticker DART they like to throw around?

I always thought of this as a scare tactic, along the lines of damning people to hell, like "how DARE you disbelieve the Bible! GOD will NOT be mocked, heathen!". Basically, just you wait and see what god has in store for you for "mocking" him. IMO, it's kind of like the kid who taunts other kids in the sandbox with the wrath of the teacher for not being his friend....

Galatians 6

6:1 Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.

6:2 Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.

6:3 For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself.

6:4 But let every man prove his own work, and then shall he have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another.

6:5 For every man shall bear his own burden.

6:6 Let him that is taught in the word communicate unto him that teacheth in all good things.

6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

6:8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

It's interesting that the KJV only has Gal 6:7 using that expression. If you look up mocked though, there's a lot of the use of mocked in Other than KJV.

What a funny word it is. mock mock mock. Such sensitive people.

In the context of how most fundies use this phrase, it usually means that

gawd has a very thin skin. Sorta like most fundies.

In the context of how most fundies use this phrase, it usually means that

gawd has a very thin skin.  Sorta like most fundies.

Exactly--God has a thin skin, a violent temper, and likes to kill. So don't piss him off.

*looks skyward*

"Hey asshole! You owe me twenty years back, you fucking charlatain!"

Gee, no lightning bolt. Maybe I should moon him or something.

What it means is that since god does not exist, you can not actually mock him. It'd be like trying to mock Santa.

Santa will not be mocked! Ho HO HO

What it means is that since god does not exist, you can not actually mock him.  It'd be like trying to mock Santa.

I like your interpretation better! :grin: