Goodbye Jesus

We Rational Thinkers Are - 'a Cult!'

Margee

We rational thinkers are Bad and we ARE a 'cult'! Yes - it's true - this article says so!

http://www.seekfind.net/Rationalized_Speculation.html :nono:

So they author is trying to rationalize his speculation that rationalized speculation is bad? :grin:

• Super Moderator

Holy shit, what a bunch of crap. I just love this quote from the article:

When the ungodly say, “science,” they mean, “I made it up.” When they say,“reason,” they really mean, “I made it up.” When they say, “logic,” they really mean, “I just made it up.”

I thought, “This is too simple. It’s like a cheap magic trick. How could such a cheap trick fool so many people?” (The obvious answer is, "Because they want to be fooled.") They are just making it up. Sometimes, they know they are fabricating, and sometimes they are just blinded by their own presuppositions.

Talk about "making up" something -- just substitute the word christianity for science, reason, and logic -- then they've got it right! Yep, christinsanity has fooled lots of people

Holy shit, what a bunch of crap. I just love this quote from the article:

When the ungodly say, “science,” they mean, “I made it up.” When they say,“reason,” they really mean, “I made it up.” When they say, “logic,” they really mean, “I just made it up.”

I thought, “This is too simple. It’s like a cheap magic trick. How could such a cheap trick fool so many people?” (The obvious answer is, "Because they want to be fooled.") They are just making it up. Sometimes, they know they are fabricating, and sometimes they are just blinded by their own presuppositions.

Talk about "making up" something -- just substitute the word christianity for science, reason, and logic -- then they've got it right! Yep, christinsanity has fooled lots of people

I know - I've read a lot of stupid articles defending Chrisianity and putting down 'rational thinking - But this one takes the cake! :lmao:

"defines a cult as that which does not depend on the Lord Jesus Christ of the Bible."

And don't you dare try and dispute that or you are a CULLLLLLTT

And the irony is we rational thinkers would be the first converts if they ever produced one shed of testable evidence.

What a surprise! When the ungodly say, “science,” they mean, “I made it up.” When they say, “reason,” they really mean, “I made it up.” When they say, “logic,” they really mean, “I just made it up.”

I agree that is awesomely halarious!!!! When the "Godly" say Bible, they mean "I made it up."

That has got to be the most rediculous article I have ever read. So I guess if you have scientific theories and empirical data to back those theories, you are just making it up. But go ahead and believe in God because someone told you to. The hipocracy is astounding! :Wendywhatever:

I Love some of the things they 'reject':

1. We reject the false claim that there are any paths to God other than through the blood of Jesus, God's unique Son.
  2. We reject the false claim that Humans can achieve goodness through any means other than through the blood of Jesus, God’s Son.
  3. We reject the entire myth of inherent human goodness. :Doh:
  4. We reject the false claim that God is not in control of every circumstance. :Doh:
  5. We reject the false claim that we need not obey God.
  6. We reject the false claim that the Bible is not the Word of God.
  7. We reject the false claim that the Bible has errors in it. :Doh:

So they author is trying to rationalize his speculation that rationalized speculation is bad? :grin:

How ironicly tragic..

I really should have stopped reading at this genius observation about the "definition" of a cult:

that which does not depend on the Lord Jesus Christ of the Bible.

A statement like that portends a load of crap being dumped on the reader.

You know, the funny thing is, most here really are cult members and I personally am certainly one through and through, based on the ridiculous definition of "cult" that they produced::

http://www.SeekFind.net defines a cult as that which does not depend on the Lord Jesus Christ of the Bible.

Of course, by their definition, a cult is anything that does not buy into an indefensible superstition, and a very specific one at that. If we can sling any definition we want, then everybody belongs to an infinite number of cults: I myself also belong to the Leprechaun skeptics' cult, the green tea drinkers cult, and the cult of people who have read Harry Potter. I don't think that there is even one xian sect that is not regarded as a cult by at least one other xian sect.

I Love some of the things they 'reject':

I too, got a laugh out of some of the things they reject:

1. We reject the false claim that a hypothesis can prove anything. So do I! I've never believed that a proposal to be tested proves anything!

10. We reject the false claim that we all descended from fish. Heh, usually they use monkeys for that one.

11. We reject the false claim that energy designed and created itself. They really need to develop and discuss their strawman well enough to actually attack it.

12. We reject the false claim that hydrogen turns into people over time.

13. We reject the false claim that there must be a mysterious law of nature that somehow works just the opposite of the Second Law of Thermodynamics, because, despite claims to the contrary, this law can be observed nowhere. :twitch:

35 - 38:

We reject the false claim that you can help the poor by punishing the rich.

We reject the false claim that you can help employees by punishing the employers.

We reject the false claim that high taxes don’t hurt the economy.

We reject the false claim that the government should spend billions on social programs, which have proven to be failures, because the government is trying to do the job of the Church.

Yes, these contemporary American political positions have been timeless central tenants of xianity for two thousand years, always at the forefront of the xian mind, and handed down by God Himself in His Word.

We rational thinkers are Bad and we ARE a 'cult'! Yes - it's true - this article says so!

http://www.seekfind....peculation.html :nono:

By the definition that site uses, even those in the Jewish faith are a cult. By the definition given too, Latter Day Saints are not a cult.

The whole site was created by a moron and it's silly to debate it. The idiot has had no formal brainwashing or indoctrination. Meaning that he/she is probably a self taught wing nutt.

I get physically ill when I see things like this and it hits me that this person or group is just completely brainwashed.

You know, the funny thing is, most here really are cult members and I personally am certainly one through and through, based on the ridiculous definition of "cult" that they produced::

http://www.SeekFind.net defines a cult as that which does not depend on the Lord Jesus Christ of the Bible.

Of course, by their definition, a cult is anything that does not buy into an indefensible superstition, and a very specific one at that. If we can sling any definition we want, then everybody belongs to an infinite number of cults: I myself also belong to the Leprechaun skeptics' cult, the green tea drinkers cult, and the cult of people who have read Harry Potter. I don't think that there is even one xian sect that is not regarded as a cult by at least one other xian sect.

The grass in my lawn is a cult by their definition.

Every rationalized speculation and rationalized supposition is actually a lie, because it is a dishonest attempt to give credibility to something that is incredible.

Said by a person who believes some magical being created an entire universe in 7 days.

For this reason they are willing to go through unbelievable mental gymnastics and speak of their loopy logic, calling it "science" or else speak of it as "revelation," when it is neither science nor revelation.

I did my unbelievable mental gymnastics while I was a christian for the sake of maintaining my faith. I bet he is doing his own mental gymnastics, though he could just be stupid.

We reject the false claim that a pipe-dream can prove anything.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! :funny:

My favorite. This guy believes one of the greatest pipe dreams ever.

Talk about projecting! :HaHa:

• Super Moderator

As one interesting character said, “Rational arguments don’t usually work on religious people. Otherwise there would be no religious people.”

As one interesting character said, “Rational arguments don’t usually work on religious people. Otherwise there would be no religious people.”

Thumbs Up!!!

If Gravity wasn't holding these stupid people to the earth, they'd probably argue with scientists on that one. They would probably claim they are held to the earth because "god" works in mysterious ways. LMAO

• Super Moderator

If Gravity wasn't holding these stupid people to the earth, they'd probably argue with scientists on that one. They would probably claim they are held to the earth because "god" works in mysterious ways. LMAO

lmao_99.gif

Ha! That's a great line. I think I might start using it. Sadly though, if we searched through Fundies Say The Darndest Things, I wouldn't be surprised to find some nuts who do proclaim this as Truthtm, because Gravity Is Just A Theory too, ya know.

WendyDoh.gif

And all I wanted was that warm, cozy robe... :(