Goodbye Jesus

Church Of Reality

All Gods Fail

Oh, I agree, there's a ton of good stuff in there. But you have to admit the

guy's got a good sense of humor and uses it to his advantage.

I was just trying to point out why he calls it the "Church of Reality," since

vanesa seems to be reacting to the word church. There's a joke

running about on the surface, but he uses it to quickly pull you into a lot of

good stuff underneath.

This is a fabulous site - thanks so much for the link. I can see my day will be spent doing alot of reading and surfing here.

This is a fabulous site - thanks so much for the link.  I can see my day will be spent doing alot of reading and surfing here.

I thought I Found all the sites I needed, but this one is the best. All the other sites disprove other people's beliefs, showing inconsistancies, debunking everything. This site puts forth even better arguments FOR something, rather than just against everything else.

We aren't here to undermine faith. We are here to undermine fictional beliefs. What are fictional beliefs? The simple answer is - every other religion except yours. You would at least admit that there are a lot of religions out there that are dead wrong. So isn't it a good thing if the Church of Reality were to undermine all of them? Yes - of course - that would be a good thing. And - if what you believe is the really real true religion then I'm sure that we will confirm that and you can go along believing in what you believe in now.

http://www.churchofreality.org/wisdom/hidden_agenda/

Reality...the Real stuff!

I thought I Found all the sites I needed, but this one is the best.  All the other sites disprove other people's beliefs, showing inconsistancies, debunking everything.  This site puts forth even better arguments FOR something, rather than just against everything else.

http://www.churchofreality.org/wisdom/hidden_agenda/

that is exactly why I like it!

I don't get it, I always thought that Church and Reality are incompatible. Go figure. I about pissed all over the seat when I read this topic.

but did you read any of the pages? why he calls it a Church? what he says about Reality and religions, etc, etc? Excellent stuff, except a lot of careless typos

Interesting to note, the church just got it's tax-exempt status from the IRS. :scratch:

Hey, they got their exemption. Great! I have looked over that site quite a few times. It is a pretty clever idea. I am just not comfortable with the whole 'church' designation, but it does make a very clever point.

Alan

http://www.meetanathiest.com

yeah, I'm more impressed with his writings about other beliefs than this Church thing. I showed my daughter it and she wanted to know WHY bother with the Church name. But he explains that. Good for him.

I don't think it'll catch on, but I like the premise. I have always considered myself a Realist, but he gives a good showing of why that's a great way to be.