Goodbye Jesus

Article: No, Atheist Do Not Have To Show "respect" For Religion

Tyson

New Atheism is fucking retarded in my not so humble opinion.

What about the Universal Declaration of Human Rights? People think 'communication' means agreeing with them!

Were all entiled to our own opinions - but not our own facts! :shrug: author unknown

I reserve the right to call bullshit when I see it. You may not agree, but that's your right.

You may be entitled to have your own opinion, but I am entitled to have the opinion that your opinion sucks.

• Super Moderator
Atheists come along, like the rain god on everyone's parade, and say things like, "What reason do any you have to think any of this is true?"

It boggles the mind that no religionist can answer that simple and pertinent question. If they can't answer that then they deserve no more respect than that granted to those who sincerely believe in leprechauns.

They can say they "feel" it's right or that there would be no justice if there were no afterlife and reward/punishment. They may gush about their "visions" and imagine some answered prayers. But all their thoughts and beliefs regarding gods/spirits/souls came from other people. Why do they believe any of the myriad of disagreeing folks expounding in detail on the invisible realm of gods, souls, demons, spirits, etc.?

I do agree with the author regarding the view that ecumenical circle jerks represent hypocrisy at its finest. The Baptist may respect the Seventh Day Adventist but he will never respect the Catholics and their Antichrist Pope. And forget about Wiccans, Mormons, Muslims, Atheists and Scientologists!

You may be entitled to have your own opinion, but I am entitled to have the opinion that your opinion sucks.

Exactly.

Why should we show them respect, is it like loving the sinner but hating the sin? It is not like we are active in promoting atheism going door to door, arranging evangelical meetings to convert the disillusioned.

Of course there is your ACLU which combats their agenda in public schools and public places which is their biggest single gripe. eSSENTIALLY, THE ONLY WAY TO RID YOURSELF OF THE WOO WOO SHIT WOULD BE (AT A COST OF COURSE) LET THEM FORM A THEOCRACY (fuck caps lock)

Then after a ten of 20 years there would be a revolt. This would be worse for them as by that stage, it will be blood in the streets. The problem with that is they are so entrenched with the govt and thus will command forces bigger than any atheist coalition could muster.

This is a worse case scenario and is pretty scary. Their beheading of believers not wanting to take the mark will be played out in opposite. This has happened before and will happen again. Atheists do not have this type of track record, the woo woos all like to state Stalin, Hitler and Mao Tse Tung as examples of atheism gone wrong but they were not atheist regimes.

We do not fear their gawd, we fear their fucked up outlook on life.