Goodbye Jesus

Molly Wanted A Kiss

Foxy Methoxy

My family moved to Princeton, IN in 1982 when I was 6 years old and in 1st grade. The first half of the year was spent fighting with this kid named Chad who instantly made himself my nemesis. We fought all the time, then we'd be friends for awhile, then we'd get in a fight again, and become friends yet again. My first day at school, he doubled me over with a punch in the gut. My second day, he punched me square in the mouth. My mom had told me to never fight, so I just let him. When my dad found out, he informed me it was OK to kick the crap out of him. So the next day, that's exactly what I did. I didn't even give him a chance to start anything. When I saw him, I jumped him and gave him a good ground and pound. For the rest of the Fall semester, we'd play a lot of basketball, get in a lot of fights, and frequently curse at each other. My mom once caught me calling him a dickhead and washed my mouth out with soap. It was the only time in my life I ever got my mouth washed out with soap, but I stand by what I said. Chad was a total dick.

In our class, there was a cute redhead named Molly. Molly had a thing for me and had been sending me love notes since my first day. I was too shy and always retreated. This didn't deter her, though. In fact, it only spurred her on. Molly hated Chad almost as much as I did. When me and Chad got in fights, she'd always be cheering me on. On Valentine's Day, the local newspaper wanted a picture of a little boy and little girl kissing. Molly, being the cutest girl in our class was asked to pick out a boy to do the picture with. She points right at me and says "I want Ben!" I was way too shy and declined, sinking down in my desk as if I was being swallowed by the chair. Chad sees me chickening out and says "I'll do it!" He was the only boy brave enough and got the job. Molly shoots me this angry stare. Not only did I just reject her, but now she has to kiss Chad on camera. I just made a redhead mad. Chad gets up and gloats his way to the picture, poses with Molly, and sits back at his desk smiling ear to ear knowing he one upped me. Molly sat back down at her desk and shot me a glare. I knew it wasn't over with her yet. At recess time, I made sure to stay on the other side of the playground. When you piss off a redhead, it's best you keep your distance. So I'm playing on the jungle gym and forget to keep track of Molly. Next thing I know, she's in striking distance. I start to run, but then think "Why the hell am I running? I like Molly." So I stopped. I turn around. And she full on tackled me. Then she plants a huge kiss on me. We both knew I wasn't getting out of a Valentine's kiss that easily and deep down inside, I was happy about this, my first kiss. I learned kissing wasn't so bad after all. In fact, it was quite nice.

That's also when I realized that redheads are awesome.

• Like 2

This is a wonderful Valentine's Day story! Thanks for sharing it.

I think there might be a little bit of Molly in me. I can get a a tad pushy when I'm attracted to a guy. And I can be a tiny bit violent when I'm thoroughly pissed off.

I keep saying I'm not a redhead but for some strange reason everyone else thinks that I am. :shrug:

• 11 months later...

Happy Valentine's Day, everybunny!