Goodbye Jesus

The Church Of Abracadabra

Margee

Found this great article this afternoon about the Church of 'Abracadabra'.Thought it was quite good describing our magical thinking when we 'served' god. For anyone interested:

http://www.control-z.com/czp/pgs/magthink.html

Great article Margee. Even the bible itself says god's "miracles" were duplicated by magicians. Exodus chapter 7

10 So Moses and Aaron went to Pharaoh and did just as the LORD commanded. Aaron threw his staff down in front of Pharaoh and his officials, and it became a snake. 11 Pharaoh then summoned wise men and sorcerers, and the Egyptian magicians also did the same things by their secret arts:

and

20 Moses and Aaron did just as the LORD had commanded. He raised his staff in the presence of Pharaoh and his officials and struck the water of the Nile, and all the water was changed into blood. 21 The fish in the Nile died, and the river smelled so bad that the Egyptians could not drink its water. Blood was everywhere in Egypt.

22 But the Egyptian magicians did the same things by their secret arts, and Pharaoh’s heart became hard;

GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

I just love the beginning of this article:

''Listen carefully. I realize this is something you don't want to hear, but unless you surrender your life to Hocus-Pocus, you're going to spend eternity in Blazes! It's true! How do I know? Because the Book of Abracadabra says so! How do I know the Book of Abracadabra is the "correct" book? Because the Book of Abracadabra says so!

Despite the fact that the Book of Abracadabra advocates magic, spells, levitation, love potions, flying dragons and talking animals—none of which actually occur in the real world—if you doubt the veracity of Book of Abracadabra and instead embrace reason, rational analysis, and scientific inquiry, then you're a doomed reprobate headed straight to Blazes!

But remember this, until you come to your senses and embrace supernatural magic, I'll be praying for you. Until you give up your foolish notions about rationality and reason and empirical evidence and the like, the Great Wizard in the Sky will be waiting patiently for you to have a change of heart and take up the righteous cause of Supernaturalism and Superstition (I realize the reason you don't believe in magic is because you're egotistical, selfish, and proud, an immoral person blinded by stubborn denial and self-serving sin).

A great article, but religion can exist without actual written language. Religion simply exists for a security blanket for human morbidity. But the "Great" Religions as we know them now are stuck with this problem.