Goodbye Jesus

Spirituality And Motivation

chosendarkness

I'm trying to understand something,

People that believe in god sometimes get ideas to do grand things, believing god is helping them. I believe that gods are projections of ourselves, so maybe we're like gods? I used to hear people say 'With God all things are possible'. Maybe we have this awesome potential inside of us. If so, how do we tap into it?

I'm wondering because I want to unleash the creative beast inside and get past all the little fears and insecurities that hold me back.

Since I am an English major I see your question in the light of the internal editor...The little voice inside your head that encourages you to write and say what you expect others expect to hear. You edit yourself in a way that is in line with what you view other people might want to hear, or not hear. Moving past the internal editor is to move past our narcissistic self and to enter the realm of personal honesty. Little fears and insecurities are tied to how we edit ourselves to meet the expectations of others, and how we feel we must meet these expectations. However, the truly innovative and illustrious thinkers and writers have shown what is beyond our current thinking and have shown doors beyond our current purview that leads to great introspection. But to lead others to that path, you yourself must tread that path and must learn how to confront your own demons and embrace your own failings. Once you embrace them and make them your own, you can finally personalize them and begin to put them into a language form so that others can relate to your own feelings and experiences. We all write and say what we want others to hear or read, to enter the realm of what is innovative is to enter the realm of what others don't want to read or hear. Even what I write or say is still edited by the internal editor. As to how we view God, it is based on our own needs and desires. We wish for certain things, these wishes are projected on a creator, who fulfills these wishes in a way that satisfies our natural need for fulfillment that is not based on our own inherent purpose, but rather substitutes a purpose based on others opinions or views of purpose and not on your own. These purposes are projections of our own needs and not our idealized selves, which means most views of "God" are still immature, tribal and vengeful, a "lashing out" God. Why do you think early Jews or any religious person viewed, "God" in this light? Because they needed a war god who would defeat their enemies, a tribal god.

Since I am an English major I see your question in the light of the internal editor...The little voice inside your head that encourages you to write and say what you expect others expect to hear. You edit yourself in a way that is in line with what you view other people might want to hear, or not hear. Moving past the internal editor is to move past our narcissistic self and to enter the realm of personal honesty. Little fears and insecurities are tied to how we edit ourselves to meet the expectations of others, and how we feel we must meet these expectations. However, the truly innovative and illustrious thinkers and writers have shown what is beyond our current thinking and have shown doors beyond our current purview that leads to great introspection. But to lead others to that path, you yourself must tread that path and must learn how to confront your own demons and embrace your own failings. Once you embrace them and make them your own, you can finally personalize them and begin to put them into a language form so that others can relate to your own feelings and experiences. We all write and say what we want others to hear or read, to enter the realm of what is innovative is to enter the realm of what others don't want to read or hear. Even what I write or say is still edited by the internal editor. As to how we view God, it is based on our own needs and desires. We wish for certain things, these wishes are projected on a creator, who fulfills these wishes in a way that satisfies our natural need for fulfillment that is not based on our own inherent purpose, but rather substitutes a purpose based on others opinions or views of purpose and not on your own. These purposes are projections of our own needs and not our idealized selves, which means most views of "God" are still immature, tribal and vengeful, a "lashing out" God. Why do you think early Jews or any religious person viewed, "God" in this light? Because they needed a war god who would defeat their enemies, a tribal god.

That's exactly what I'm going through. I've been trying to do some honest, creative work, but nothing has been coming to me. I haven't been able to get in touch with myself. Unfortunately I have a hard time facing the demons. I'm not used to that kind of thing. My family avoided showing feelings and facing pain. I need a different perspective, to see this as an opportunity maybe.

Thanks for sharing that, I needed to hear it.

In Tibetan Buddhism there is this idea - just take out the word "God" and substitute "Buddha nature." It seems to me like a kind of unlimited potential for growth or transformation. It is taught that the real nature of mind is absolutely pure and otherwise basically indescribable. It is that we are already enlightened, but only our own mental obscurations prevent us from realizing this.

We all have the enlightened mind- all the representations of "deities" such as Tara, Chenrezig, etc... are depictions of aspects of your own enlightened mind.

There is a great deal in this concept - I have found it useful in combating other concepts imposed upon me,such as "original sin."

In any event, we are truly "in the driver's seat" of our lives.

If you sit with yourself, in complete silence (as much as possible), just sit and watch the thoughts go by without grasping them, this is mediation and perhaps something will come through.

• Like 1