Goodbye Jesus

"tangled" And My Own Deconversion

dB-Paradox

The video descriptions says it all. To those deconverting, it may be a rough road, but it does get better!

Tangled - My deconversion story

Oh my god par! thank you so much! Can I ever relate to this! I want to see this whole movie now!

It'll be a classic Disney movie. But I think the whole story of being trapped in a tower is significant to us apostates. And if even the average Christian can see the wrong in Rapunzel's entrapment in the film, then surely they must see the wrong in their own?

OH I LOVED This movie! Definitely a hit!

Love the metaphor too :)

Most Christians haven't gotten to the point that they can recognize the entrapment.

That was very nicely done! Thank you!

Glad you all liked the vid and the metaphor! Like I said in the video's description, it could be have been pointed out in any number of films, I just simply saw it in this one. And I agree that Christians won't recognize their own entrapment.

This metaphor goes so much further for me . It's not just about being entrapped in the doctrine of christianity - it's about being trapped in the whole 'doctrine' of life and how everyone has told you how to think, act , believe and behave. The whole metaphor of this 'clip' stands for 'people pleasing' for me.

Not being able to be who you really are..............................................

I hear ya, Margee. I'm a people-pleaser, and I feel both liberated and guilty for actually wanting to please myself and just be me. That's probably why I noticed the metaphor in the first place when Rapunzel is so excited to have left her tower, but feels at war with the feelings of guilt.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm so glad I watched that clip all the way thru. I haven't seen the movie as I'm not a movie person.

What a great metaphor for deconversion, wow!