Goodbye Jesus

Is it worth it?

LadyFeline

I can't take my job anymore.

It was fine, just having to deal with the assistant manager's constant sniping. I could tune her out easily enough.

But now... Now, I'd just as soon step in front of a train, and I'm nowhere near joking. I'd rather commit suicide than deal with this anymore. First, they cut my hours for no reason, and now the management is just being outright abusive and not even bothering to hide it. And it's all legal. Oh, yes, because as long as it's got nothing to do with gender, religion, or race, they can do whatever they want to me and not face any penalty.

So I ask... is it worth it? Is it worth all the trouble I deal with just for a measly $53 per week?

NNNOOOOOO!

Get away from those bastards as soon as possible!

I just been walking the line of destitution for the last 8 months because I am sick of dealing with those types of bosses. But I am happier for it.

Look for something else, and just don't give them the curtosy of acknowleging their lousy presence anymore. Fuck 'em.

Just walk away from that place before they take your sanity.

$53.00 a week!!!???? Tell me you're not supporting yourself.

NO. It's not worth it--- for you health and your sanity. Get out soon.

Life is way to short.

$53 a week? It's definitely not worth it. You deserve a higher paying job.

I can't take my job anymore.

It was fine, just having to deal with the assistant manager's constant sniping. I could tune her out easily enough.

But now... Now, I'd just as soon step in front of a train, and I'm nowhere near joking. I'd rather commit suicide than deal with this anymore. First, they cut my hours for no reason, and now the management is just being outright abusive and not even bothering to hide it. And it's all legal. Oh, yes, because as long as it's got nothing to do with gender, religion, or race, they can do whatever they want to me and not face any penalty.

So I ask... is it worth it? Is it worth all the trouble I deal with just for a measly $53 per week?

Obviously, it ain't worth it. But jobs like that can become great once you have something else lined up. The thing is, after you get a new job, don't give 'em 2 weeks notice. You will have the greatest 2 weeks of your life. Show up late, take 2 hour lunches, call in sick from a bar, start vicious rumors about people you hate, be insolent to your boss, play Tetris on your computer all day long. See how far you can go before they fire you. Watch 'Office Space' for ideas, if you need to.

Of course, make absolutely sure you've got the new job before you do all this... ;)

Of course, make absolutely sure you've got the new job before you do all this... ;)

Actually, I told her she could just go ahead and quit (I'm her roommate).

I can afford the rent/utilities/internet myself, for a little bit - and I've seen first hand the shit they're pulling - it really isn't worth it at all.

Obviously, it ain't worth it. But jobs like that can become great once you have something else lined up. The thing is, after you get a new job, don't give 'em 2 weeks notice. You will have the greatest 2 weeks of your life. Show up late, take 2 hour lunches, call in sick from a bar, start vicious rumors about people you hate, be insolent to your boss, play Tetris on your computer all day long. See how far you can go before they fire you. Watch 'Office Space' for ideas, if you need to.

Believe me, I'd love to be able to do stuff like that, but a lot of it's pretty difficult to manage, seeing as how I work menial labor as a gas station clerk. heh :HaHa:

I don't think I could ever complain about an office job, unless it was particularly nasty.

*hugs TSO* I loves you, man. I'll try not to be incapacitated for too long, even if it means *shudder* babysitting. Hell, if I could get fifteen, twenty people in town who could use someone to run light errands and do a little housework for $10-15 a week, I wouldn't have any problems at all with that...

seeing as how I work menial labor as a gas station clerk. heh :HaHa:
Get a friend or two to stage a robbery while you're working, then quit. :mellow:

I know.

I'm evil.

:shrug:

Actually, I told her she could just go ahead and quit (I'm her roommate).

I can afford the rent/utilities/internet myself, for a little bit - and I've seen first hand the shit they're pulling - it really isn't worth it at all.

That was very sweet........

It is cool that TSO is able and willing to help out. I was about to say leave the job. Personally, I'd probably sow some discord before I go, but that is just me.

They'll be recieving notice of my imminent departure on Sunday. They've got once chance to set things right, but knowing their track record... I'll be leaving my uniform shirts and tags on the manager's desk, and a curse hanging in the air behind me as I leave.

After all, "May your life be interesting" is the worst thing you can say to someone :grin:

For god's/logic's sake, go to college! I assume you are not in school right now?

Your life is going to be full of these meaningless jobs where people feel they can shit on you until you make yourself more valuable. Head straight to the student loan office and apply for every type of financial aid that is available. Take every loan they will give you. Who cares if you pay for the next 20 years? It will be worth it. You can bet on making less than 20K/year without a college degree (unless you are good at sales or something similar). With a degree you will be worth on average 3-5 times more than that. Student loans, smudent loans, your higher salary will afford you the payments.

Seriously. You are intelligent enough that every menial labor job is going to tax you toward suicidal thoughts.

For god's/logic's sake, go to college!  I assume you are not in school right now?

Your life is going to be full of these meaningless jobs where people feel they can shit on you until you make yourself more valuable.  Head straight to the student loan office and apply for every type of financial aid that is available.  Take every loan they will give you.  Who cares if you pay for the next 20 years?  It will be worth it.  You can bet on making less than 20K/year without a college degree (unless you are good at sales or something similar).  With a degree you will be worth on average 3-5 times more than that.  Student loans, smudent loans, your higher salary will afford you the payments. 

Seriously.  You are intelligent enough that every menial labor job is going to tax you toward suicidal thoughts.

She went to college already. Associates in Art and Animation - just can't find anywhere that'll hire her on that. She's currently trying to figure out how to pay 17,000 in student loans already.

Hey LadyFeline - glad to hear you've got an escape plan. But I still think you should go with my plan. I'm telling you, it's sweet!

Trying to get fired is a gas (pun intended) - it won't even be the same job!

She went to college already. Associates in Art and Animation - just can't find anywhere that'll hire her on that. She's currently trying to figure out how to pay 17,000 in student loans already.

:Doh:

Has she tried http://www.usajobs.opm.gov/ and http://www.govtjobs.com/ ?

The government sometimes values education more than experience and will give her a good salary from the start with good advancement opportunities.

Well, 'tis done. Turned in my uniform shirts and tags after clocking out this morning.

The manager seemed disappointed, but she didn't try to convince me to stay on, so I've got to give her credit for that at least. She's a nice woman, she really is... but she's just not cut out to manage a corporate store, I don't think. If she was, she'd've realized long ago that her assistant manager was a problem, and gotten rid of her. If ever she wonders why her store has such a high turnover rate, all she need do is look at the bitchy, spiteful redhead...

But, there it is. I recieved a lot of support from the regular customers, too - a lot of them wishing me luck and saying they'll miss me. Kinda makes me a little sad to leave, but for the sake of my sanity, I really kind of had to.

*breathes a heavy sigh of relief*

Good for you LadyF! I have it UP TO HERE w/ jerks for bosses who get away w/ the most outrageous behavior because they know damned well that most folks can't just tell them to take this job and stuff it.

Have you considered (shudder) Starbucks? I know, I know, Walmart on caffeine, CafeMcDonalds... But several of my nieces worked there before getting better jobs, they seemed to like it okay, and there are health benefits even if you only work part time (probably the biggest plus). I think they pay more than minimum wage, too.

Btw, I'm reminded of our stellar Senate here in the US that just rejected a minimum wage hike, but still can afford to pay Halliburton in Iraq. argggggh.

We... don't have a Starbucks nearby, amazingly enough :HaHa:

However, one of the local banks is looking for a part-time (twenty hours per week!) teller - and having previous experience handling cash is preferred. I'm gonna shoot for that, and hope I get it.

Hurray for salaried positions!

We... don't have a Starbucks nearby, amazingly enough :HaHa:

However, one of the local banks is looking for a part-time (twenty hours per week!) teller - and having previous experience handling cash is preferred. I'm gonna shoot for that, and hope I get it.

Hurray for salaried positions!

Best of luck! Again, thank god you left a painful work situation.

(I'm am surprised that there aren't any SBs around...god here on the west coast they seem to be at least two a block.)

If you were getting by on $53 a week, then you can get by on $0 a week. Rather than working for someone else, sell crap at garage sales, or on ebay (you obvioulsy have a computer connection) or at a local flee market. You can turn that into a real career and will probably make more than $53 on your first day.

If you don't think outside the wage box, you will work until you die.

Life is way to short.
(*blink blink*) Religious View: yes short. Athiest view: Its the longest god damn thing anyone does!!!

sorry didnt mean to hyjack the thread.

Suicide is never the answer, just walk away and find another job.

If you don't think outside the wage box, you will work until you die.

:goodjob: