Goodbye Jesus

I Am In A Real Real Bind.

Guest Valk0010

Guest Valk0010

My relationship with my mom is on a pretty good streak.

Do I decided to be candid, about my views on god and religion.

But I said the first time, I started saying stuff, to keep this between me and her and my older brother.

That was a mistake.

She just told my grandma about how she isn't sure if I even believe in a god.

My grandma just brought up to me.

I managed to deflect it by saying. Stuff about how I like to think and sometimes I through people for a loop with what I say.

It worked for this evening. But I have a feeling that this safeness of living the lie(since there is not much actually demanded of me) is coming to a close.

What do I do, I still live at home. I don't want to be disrespectful and I want to be real sensitive of my family. Ehhh help.

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

Your mother is worried and probably won't be able to keep anything to herself if you tell her. If you're worried that the environment would take a turn for the worst if you open up about what you believe than keep a lid on it until you can move out on your own. In other words, lie your ass off to buy yourself time. I guess you just need to assess your home situation and judge to see what the outcome would be, if the results are not too negative than by all means be open to her but if not, as I said, keep up the facade until you can move out.

Valk, I see you are 20 so unless you fear being kicked out, I would be honest. Just do it with out being offensive. Something like it doesn't work for me anymore but I do not begrudge other's their beliefs.

No point in entering a debate with your mom. It does not sound like you are an asshole and her love is probably not conditional to start with.

My mom found out and it ended up in debates but that was her being in her 80's and me in my 50's, she never stopped loving me.

St your age I can't see that you are forced to services of church activities. Your GM however may be a little more upset as the older folk have a lot more indoctrination to deal with and logic is something she may not have.

I would not lie as that just places a burden on you, they should accept you for who you are and where you are at.

FWIW

Guest Valk0010

I worry about having a environment where to be kicked out might have its upsides.

I live with my grandma btw.

If your mom's not really a Christian, why should she give a shit if you're an atheist? I'm confused.

Guest Valk0010

If your mom's not really a Christian, why should she give a shit if you're an atheist? I'm confused.

Its here telling people that would care, I didn't think she would.

My relationship with my mom is on a pretty good streak.

Do I decided to be candid, about my views on god and religion.

But I said the first time, I started saying stuff, to keep this between me and her and my older brother.

That was a mistake.

She just told my grandma about how she isn't sure if I even believe in a god.

My grandma just brought up to me.

I managed to deflect it by saying. Stuff about how I like to think and sometimes I through people for a loop with what I say.

It worked for this evening. But I have a feeling that this safeness of living the lie(since there is not much actually demanded of me) is coming to a close.

What do I do, I still live at home. I don't want to be disrespectful and I want to be real sensitive of my family. Ehhh help.

Don't tell them things and be evasive. Say things like: I am not sure instead of I think...

In your situation, I don't think there's a correct and incorrect way to handle it. You just have to protect your sanity and emotional stability. WHen I was in a situation very similar to yours, I had to go against my people-pleasing tendencies and just do what I had to do to stay sane.

Good luck. Every family is different, but you will find certain similarities with all families. Only you know how far you can go with your family,,, or maybe not and that's why you're so worried. :shrug: