Goodbye Jesus

Hard To Believe It's Written By A Christian

dB-Paradox

This article

Does anyone else appreciate this?

WOW>

Thank you so much for sharing that! I just slapped it up on facebook without any comments. Just put it up there. Everyone should read it. I wonder what my husband will say.

Excellent.

Ditto foolish.

Though I said it is generall good advise not to assume anything we'll see if the family gets it.

This article

Does anyone else appreciate this?

Yes I appreciate the emergent Christians, they helped me to deconvert. They're still Christians, but they don't fault people for asking questions. Most other Christians see them as heretics. Really they're just trying to get away from the fundamentalist b.s.

Very good. I like it a lot.

Yes, it's refreshing to see a Christian who doesn't spout off the usual phrases to you, the one that is always guaranteed to piss me off is, "it's just a phase." It's the most dismissive, rude and brain dead thing someone could say to another. If I said that to a homosexual person coming out can you imagine the pain that would cause? Or to someone who put a lot of time and thought into making a career change, and all I say is, "oh it's just a phase". Generally, I leave people to their own opinions and beliefs, I enjoy a healthy debate from time to time, but when people say that phrase it's definitely gonna push some buttons...

I'm printing this off! Thanks!

She may unconsciously be seeking to deconvert? I started seeing atheists in a better light just before deconverting.

Ditto the others db, that page will be passed around a lot in the next few days. Thanks.

I smell a rat. Any confirmation this person is an xian?

I smell a rat. Any confirmation this person is an xian?

I have no idea but thought the same thing.

Regardless, I just sent that to my Christian wife.

She may unconsciously be seeking to deconvert? I started seeing atheists in a better light just before deconverting.

I wondered that too. But that might be the other side of the "You were never a Christian coin". If "one of them" treats us well, we are prone to say "They are about to quit Christianity".

Fake Christian is fake.

Nevertheless it's a good post. Actually, maybe she's not now that I think about it. On a fundy blog I use to contribute to I posted something similar weeks before my deconversion.

A bit off topic, but are most atheists really empiricists? I find that surprising since it's a self-defeating position. Or did she use the word empiricist to somebody looking for reason to believe?

More on topic, I wouldn't be so dismissive of this person as a Christian. In fact, it may be a bit hypocritical. Just as she pointed out not to say that atheists were never "true believers", we shouldn't dismiss somebody that understands as a fake Christian. I'm around fairly tolerant Christians everyday, she just seems to have a more up close and personal look.

Either way, excellent article.

• Like 2

I think this lady can still be a Christian and write this article. I can't really relate, but I could imagine it be very devastating to find out that your husband has left the faith that you had wed yourselves with. Maybe she just realized that atheists are actually normal people after finding out her husband was one...

You get the odd christian that is actually a decent human being. Sounds like she learned the hard way though.

That is one xtian I could get along with, very nice article ty for posting.

In trying to figure out if it may have been an atheist writing as a Christian, or a genuine Christian, I suppose the context may serve useful. She says her husband came out as an atheist and as a result she made some bad assumptions. Perhaps she is a Christian writing from a place of feeling guilty? But much of the article sounds post-Christian it's hard to not wonder, you know? But yes, it was a great post nonetheless.

Guest Valk0010

A bit off topic, but are most atheists really empiricists? I find that surprising since it's a self-defeating position. Or did she use the word empiricist to somebody looking for reason to believe?

More on topic, I wouldn't be so dismissive of this person as a Christian. In fact, it may be a bit hypocritical. Just as she pointed out not to say that atheists were never "true believers", we shouldn't dismiss somebody that understands as a fake Christian. I'm around fairly tolerant Christians everyday, she just seems to have a more up close and personal look.

Either way, excellent article.

I think she used empiricist as a synonym for I guess one might call it being a evidencial. Looking for reason, essentially.

Fake Christian is fake.

Nevertheless it's a good post. Actually, maybe she's not now that I think about it. On a fundy blog I use to contribute to I posted something similar weeks before my deconversion.

Don't you guys know about the emergent church? It's an exit ramp off the Christian highway. But since it's so open-minded, a lot of them just like to stay on the ramp and not have to give up their god. They just wanted to be open-minded and more humane, something different than the psycho fundie way. You get to have your faith and eat it too. I tried it for awhile but the faith still tasted bad.

That is a surprisingly sane article.