Goodbye Jesus

Awareness Of Religion

stryper

So, I have noticed something about myself lately. Since, I have begun acutally admitting to family and such that I don't believe in god anymore. I have become more aware of those that are religious around me.

LIke the other day, I was picking up some milk on the way home from the grocery store. As I was checking out, I noticed a crucifix above the customer service counter. I complain to their online customer service department and have yet to get a response a week later.

Told my mom about the tornadic storm that skipped my wife's work yet destroyed two medical centers, numerous businesses, houses and a church. All I got was a praise the lord my wife was spared.

Now with the tsunami all the "sending prayers" statuses on facebook.

I don't think I am alone here in saying its annoying as fuck.

Thoughts? Comments?

It's kind of like when you buy a new car and all of a sudden you start noticing everyone who drives the same car as you...

But ya, I've even started noticing Bible verses or little Jesus fish on various products like food for example, which gets kinda old. Facebook statuses bug me, especially today but usually I just put those people on ignore, or delete them.

When I was a fundy, I thought there was so few True Christians™ around. Now, it bugs the hell out of me how many religious people I bump into. I guess it's because I lump the undedicated Christians alongside the fundies now. My primary example is my workplace. Though the owners are Catholics who never attend church, they are rather bigoted towards anyone who doesn't carry the Christian flag. Muslim, Jew or Atheist, it doesn't matter to them.

Actually yeah, I noticed that as well! I guess when you believe in it, it's just normal to hear/see it everywhere?

Funny how that works. December was my first Christmas season as an Ex-C and it set me back in my healing process because I noticed it on a whole new level. It's annoying but there's not much I can do about it. Just not participate and remember that I used to be annoying like that.