Goodbye Jesus

Lent

CelticWhisper

Well, now that the ash-holes have had their day (oh, I just slay me sometimes), the holy(-er-than-thou) season of Lent has begun. Time for wailing and gnashing of teeth by fundies the world over, boo-hooing about Jeezus and generally being an annoyance.

In the spirit of observance, and in the spirit of giving a metaphorical "fuck you" to a girl I knew in high school who admonished me for eating the lunch line's chicken nuggets one lenten Friday, I'm thinking of taking on an extra indulgence to counterbalance all that giving-up of vice that goes on this time of year. These vices need homes, god dammit, and they're being callously thrown out onto the street! How cruel of christians to shut out perfectly good immorality!

Of course, there's always the matter of what to take on. I already curse like a sailor (hey, I work in IT, it goes with the terriFUCK YOU OUTLOOK, THE .PST IS RIGHT THERE!), and I don't want to drink excessively or anything that could damage my health. What're my fellow ex-Cers doing to "celebrate" lent this year? Taking on indulgences out of spite, or just ignoring the whole shebang and doing what you goddamn well please?

I got drunk twice this weekend instead of the normal zero or one. :grin: And now that you bring it up, I suspect it probably was a subconscious reaction to Lent.

• Like 2

I don't need any more bad habits! But I will not miss giving up something every year (or the guilt which was worse)!!!

My boss is a Catholic and (I worked for this company before starting here again) I remember a couple years ago, about the time I first started she had all this crap on her face. I was like what the fuck happened to your face? She said it's Ash for Ash <insert correct day here>. I was like *errr...oookay*.

I often end up looking like an asshole without even trying though. During lent, they decided to abstain from beef and I just happened to get a burger from this new place around the corner. I was moaning and licking my fingers going *This is the best beef burger in the world, I honestly can just die right now after eating that. It was that good. You guys should try it, you'd miss out if you did* At that point one of my Catholic co-workers looked at me in contempt and told me it was Lent. I laughed heartedly.

• Like 1

I'm going to give up being a good girl instead of ice- cream this year! :fdevil:

• Like 3

I'm going to give up lint for lent. They're both worth about the same.

• Like 1

I'll give up some of my poo for lent. Of course I do that everyday, but for lent I'll try to do it in remembrance of all the wonderful things Christianity brought into my life.

I'm giving up church services this week and I'm going to forgo hitting myself in the head with a hammer.

I saw an FB status that said "What should i give up for lent?" and I soooooo badly wanted to reply "Religion." but decided against it.

Tell them to give up Facebook, Pink.

(Your avatar is making me crave cupcakes.) :P:D

Lent? Dunno. I usually celebrate the 12 Days of Crown Royal in the winter time. For Lent I think I will add a week dedicated to Hedonism and have it start every year at 'Asshole Wednesday™'. Have the week end with a bunny roast and fried eggs. I could start a religion around this!

At that point one of my Catholic co-workers looked at me in contempt and told me it was Lent.

Like their problem should be your problem, too? Like nobody else should be free to enjoy themselves harmlessly during their season of self-punishment rituals? The contemptuous glare was especially charitable, LOL.

Catholics are the most self-righteous, arrogant Christians going.

You laughed? Good for you. If they can't lighten up, at least somebody else can...

yeah, it gets funnier than that. After she said that, I'd sit in view of her whenever I had my meals (her desk was right next to the lunchroom which is in full view of her).

For Lent I'm going to give up giving things up for Lent.