Goodbye Jesus

Have You Seen This?

disEnchanted

I keep seeing this posted on FaceBook:

"Sept. 11th (NY) ... Jan. 11th (HAITI) ... March 11th (JAPAN) .... Luke 21:10-11 Then Jesus said to his disciples: "Nations will rise against nations, and kingdoms against kingdoms. There will be great earthquakes, famines and pestilences in various places, and fearful events and great signs from heaven. Jesus says for behold I come quickly." ARE YOU READY? Sad to say, many won't repost this message!"

Funny thing is, the Haitian tsunami happened on Jan 12!! I've replied to several of these posts with just that info. Here's what I've gotten in return:

"Well it must have been Jan 11 somewhere in the world" (NOT, it was Jan 12 and even Jan 13 some places in the world)

and

"It still shows that we are having more disasters that ever. People need to take notice before it's too late."

and

"I just copied and pasted this."

Yeah, we should take notice that nature still has power over our measly lives.

What about the 11ths? Has Jesus predicted natural disasters will happen on 11ths? :HaHa:

So basically Jesus's prophecy is that the same shit that's always happened will continue to happen and when it continues to happen, that's when he'll come back? The christian meme preys upon peoples tendency to have a myopic view of history. I guess when you see the world through prophesy colored glasses, everything looks prophetic.

I have seen this annoying Facebook post. My family members were posting it. Most of my family believes in Gawd and have no brain. Ugggghhhh!

Have You Seen This? Yes, and I stay ready, and still he/she/it is a no show.

Guest Babylonian Dream

They're right this is a sign though. It's a sign that we're still a bunch of apes living at the mercy of nature and all her fury. This isn't the end though, nature has alot more coming, it will be the gift that keeps on giving even billions of years from now. The theif that keeps on theiving might be a better way of putting it.

Okay. Here's my prayer:

Jesus, please come soon and take all your loons away. At least you promised we'd have world peace under antichrist for a few years. So let it happen pronto. I'm getting tired of all your followers. Just rapture them already. In your name, whatever that means or if it really matters much.

Amen.

So . . . wait a sec. This earthquake was masterminded by Osama Bin Laden and carried out by Al Queda? :eek:

Those freedom hating bastards! :vent:

Yeah, we should take notice that nature still has power over our measly lives.

He sees all the little sparrows fall, and he knows how many hairs are on your head! :twitch: Don't you trust anymore?:shrug:

This might sound bad...but I would think if there was really a sign of the end times it would be massive. I mean like millions of people massive. Yes Katrina, Japan, Haiti were all disasters, but I would expect devastation on a higher scale if god really wanted to show his people a sign for the end times.

A sign of the end times is the Drug War. What else can drive a government to kill and imprison its citizens over a plant?

• Like 2

Guest Babylonian Dream

It's a war against the plant because MJ is an abbreviation for Jesus the son of Mary in the hebrew script which is written from left to right instead of right to left. The antichrist is the government! O no!

Okay. Here's my prayer:

Jesus, please come soon and take all your loons away. At least you promised we'd have world peace under antichrist for a few years. So let it happen pronto. I'm getting tired of all your followers. Just rapture them already. In your name, whatever that means or if it really matters much.

Amen.

For reals. I could use an abandoned car anyways.

Also, convince one of your rapture-ready weirdos to give me their money so I can make rent. They obviously won't need it, right?

• Like 1

My wife mentioned this the other day, and of course I was thoroughly unimpressed. Though I didn't look up and find that the Haiti date was actually the 12th, I did point out that other disasters were skipped over in the assessment. The examples I used were the Indonesian earthquake & tsunami on the 26th (of Dec, 2004) and Hurricane Katrina forming over the Bahamas on the 23rd and hitting the USA on the 29th (of Aug, 2005). I told her that people can make whatever criteria they want and then pick and choose events to fit the criteria, and it proves absolutely nothing about the events themselves.

lol how lame, like those stupid chain emails. So that's the great sign from God that the end is happening right now? That a couple dates coincide with a numbered verse in Luke?

Hey I've got one, what if it's meant to be Mark 12:11??

"This was the Lord's doing, and it is marvelous in our eyes"

Or how about Luke 24:11:

"And their words seemed to them like idle tales, and they did not believe them"

lol how lame, like those stupid chain emails. So that's the great sign from God that the end is happening right now? That a couple dates coincide with a numbered verse in Luke?

Hey I've got one, what if it's meant to be Mark 12:11??

"This was the Lord's doing, and it is marvelous in our eyes"

Or how about Luke 24:11:

"And their words seemed to them like idle tales, and they did not believe them"

I like your quotes better than the ones the christians are using! :wicked:

Too funny. People really will try anything.