Goodbye Jesus

Ahh I Sent The E-mail To My Parents

Petunia

It is done. I took a deep breath and clicked the send button. Holy crap! But I decided it was best to just do it instead of being all antsy about whether to do it, and needing to have it out there and be myself. I am soo freaked.

Meh, what are they gonna do to you? Sick zombie Jesus at you? If it's what you truly wanted to do, then you should have done it. If they truly love you then they should be accepting of you and the fact that you and your husband are thinking for yourselves and forging your own beliefs outside of the environment you were raised in. They can respectfully disagree and still be your parents and there for you, if not well the fault lies with them. Besides, it's not like you emailed to tell them you are killing hookers and dumping them in the local river...right? silverpenny013Hmmm.gif

Thanks for making me smile with the hookers thing. Very true too what you said. It is not my fault how they respond. :grin:

Yay! Good for you!

It's always best to be yourself. I always hated hiding my beliefs, and when I tried (as a minor) it didn't last. Maybe it's because I'm a terrible liar. I don't know.

And yes, remember, you are not responsible for how they feel or respond. Always remember that. Christians can get very emotionally manipulative about shit like this.

Welcome to the Blaspheme club :HaHa:

It's always healthier to be yourself. Enjoy.

Cracked Love.

I felt so relieved after I outted myself. It's comforting to just be yourself. And maybe your family will appreciate the fact that you were honest.

Thank you everyone.

It is now day 3 of my parents not responding to me since I e-mailed them on Wednesday. It's torture waiting to hear back.

I do feel good for having been honest though.

Good for you Petunia. They aren't having a relationship with you- if they don't know who you are.

I am learning too, VERY slowly...............that honesty really is better. And any strife that comes from it is healthier than the internal strife that you experience with "wondering" what will happen.

foolish girl - thanks. I like your point about strife, it is very true. I rather them know and have to deal with the aftermath then keep on pretending to be something I am not.

Good for you Petunia. They aren't having a relationship with you- if they don't know who you are.

I am learning too, VERY slowly...............that honesty really is better. And any strife that comes from it is healthier than the internal strife that you experience with "wondering" what will happen.

I couldn't agree more! I ripped the bandaid off all at once because I couldn't stomach the thought of faking it with anyone. I figured I'll do my best to be loving and kind to them but it's absolutely not my responsibility how they take it. If they're devastated it's because their worldview is so fucked up. It hasn't been easy, but I have peace with my own self anyway, and that is way more important than anything else.

Glad you were able to tell them who you really are and what you really think, Petunia. It's not easy but you can respect yourself and not worry about hiding who you are. :clap:

ilovemybrain - Great name by the way. Thank you. The band aid approach was the only way for me to go also. I tried to drop hints in e-mails but it was obviously not clear. I think they are devastated. We are a very close family - I am an only child - we e-mail daily (as they do not live close) and so far I have not heard a word since Tuesday, before I dropped the bomb Wednesday. It is hurtful. I wish they would at least respond to my other e-mail even if they do not discuss the ex-Christian bit. I am starting a new temp job Monday and was hoping they would wish me well and comment on the good review I got of the job I just finished.

I do not plan to write them though, I will give them space - if it goes on for a long time, it will be harder to take though.