Goodbye Jesus

Educating My Teen About Religion

disEnchanted

Genesis 3 was the straw that broke my camel's back. They didn't die, the serpent told the truth, to the point that god HIMSELF said (paraphrasing) "Oh shit, they're more like me, better boot them before they see the tree of life!" That bothered me deeply. Glad she caught that. :)

Also, Looziana?? I'm in NOLA, ya know. If you wanted, we could meet over coffee and I could talk with your kid. I'm good at being unbiased (mostly), and know an awful lot about religions, if I say so myself. Twas my degree! :)

I'm "way up north" near Shreveport and don't get down your way very often. We may be going this summer to NOLA to see Def Leppard/Heart in concert. If we do, I'll have to look you up! We don't have many atheist acquaintances!!

Heh, I'm not atheist. Just so ya know. But I am a pagan/Vodouisant/Kemetic devotee. Non-christian, still!

But do shoot me a PM, I know people in hotels in the Quarter, and summertime is cheap! And if the kid tags along, no worries, I will still be as unbiased as possible. I may be a theist, but I don't convert. Also, the whole "religions are what I studied in college" thing. ;)

Pass on by, ya heard? :D