Goodbye Jesus

Heaven & Hell?

MQTA

What if there is no heaven or hell, you either get to watch any other living beings, converse with other deceased beings still there, or get to go into a new born and start all over again? You may remember some things until you're ignored and talked out of them, and then you turn 4 or 5 and just forget. Then you start school and you're off and running with a new name and existance, so you can learn all this carp all over again and battle who's right bout what happens after you die.

There's only one way to get into heaven: DIE so nobody alive really has a clue what follows

Well..if there is another life to come back to, I will insist I remember the crap from this one so as not go through this again..

Of course, I might have said that last time but don't remember saying that and it could have happened many times before that too. In which case..I don't wanta do it again, I think.

But..that might be redundant and what I said last time too.. :twitch:

If reincarnation is true, fuck all those bastards behind the 'matrix' who wouldn't let me remember wtf really happens when we die.

I hope they are reading this.

What if there is no heaven or hell, you either get to watch any other living beings, converse with other deceased beings still there, or get to go into a new born and start all over again? You may remember some things until you're ignored and talked out of them, and then you turn 4 or 5 and just forget.

This is an interesting topic.

On more than one occassion I have held a newborn in my arms and upon looking in their eyes, it's as if they have an old soul; that they have completed a life (or many) and are now starting over again.

Anyone else experienced that?

Sofi

On more than one occassion I have held a newborn in my arms and upon looking in their eyes, it's as if they have an old soul; that they have completed a life (or many) and are now starting over again.

Sofi

Interesting perspective..... :scratch:

It is something I have pondered before and think it would be interesting if that were the case. But what use is holding a soul accountable if its memories and experiences are wiped?

Sofi

Well, that's a very wiccan belief, the idea that children are souls making their progression through life and gaining wisdom through each time around.

As for my view on reincarnation, I'm very suspicious about it. Everybody comes back as Cleopatra or Leonardo... what happenns to the average joes, they aren't eligible?

I have always admired a child's curiosity, though. It's something I try(rather unsucessfully) to capture in my own life.

Merlin

Sofi

I've not sensed what you mentioned, but I have noticed that my eyes have become somewhat transfixed while looking into the eyes of an infant.

I have yet to find a theology that speaks well of children, but there is definitely something "good" there, in my opinion. :shrug:

Well..if there is another life to come back to, I will insist I remember the crap from this one so as not go through this again..

Of course, I might have said that last time but don't remember saying that and it could have happened many times before that too.  In which case..I don't wanta do it again, I think.

But..that might be redundant and what I said last time too.. :twitch:

Yeah, Catch 22, eh?

Well, after seeing a 20/20 or one of those shows having a young child who was talking all sorts of nonsense, but his parents paid attention, showed some very interesting ideas that I had heard before.

He had an interest in airplanes, mainly fighter planes, and was telling his parents his name was really something else. When he saw pics of planes, he knew their models. He talked about crashing one into a mountain. All sorts of wild ideas for a 3-4 yr old to have, much less KNOW. The parents didn't just ignore him, they found the name their son kept saying was HIM.

This guy died, in WWII, when he crashed his fighter plane into a mountain! If all the kid said was accurately reported, and it seemed legit, then how would he have known any of this?

After that episode I thought about it... would we REALLY want to know who we were before? Our lives are complex enough, do we really want a whole other family and all that goes along with it, clogging up this life? If everyone knew who they were, our lives would get very complicated. Of course, the family who lost their loved one would have some issues too.

I saw this episode a while after someone had suggested we may often know who we were in our previous life before we're 4 and then the memories start to fade and disappear. Most young ones ramblings are ignored, explained away, or totally missed.

Well, that's a very wiccan belief, the idea that children are souls making their progression through life and gaining wisdom through each time around.

As for my view on reincarnation, I'm very suspicious about it. Everybody comes back as Cleopatra or Leonardo... what happenns to the average joes, they aren't eligible?

I have always admired a child's curiosity, though. It's something I try(rather unsucessfully) to capture in my own life.

Merlin

When my son was 3 he used to talk about 'his babies' and all sorts of strange things. Most of the relatives just humored him, I didn't know what to make of it and never pursued it. By the time he was 5 he stopped talking about them. When he was 8 someone made some comments to me that I didn't get. Until I saw that 20/20 show that I just wrote about. Oh well, missed opportunity there.

If we paid more attention to 3-4 yr olds, we may hear some interesting things, but I'd say most of us are too afraid to pursue it.

Guest Kelleee

I think we end up where we think we are going to end up. This is alluded to in the Tibetan Book Of The Dead. I think it would be fun to explore the Universe in any afterlife there might be.

Guest AdvancedAtheists

Back in the 1950's a science fiction writer named H. Beam Piper wrote a series of stories about parallel timelines set on Earth, where an advanced civilization on one timeline had figured out how to visit the other timelines and help itself to their resources. This civilization set up an elite police force to make sure that the people in the other timelines didn't learn about "paratime" travel. In one of Piper's stories, "Last Enemy," a Paratime cop had to go on a rescue mission to another technologically advanced timeline where the entire civilization had organized itself around scientific proof of reincarnation. Needless to say, the people in this version of Earth history had a casual attitude towards death, because they knew that their minds would just reincarnate in a baby in a few months. But they seemed to lack religious beliefs about the process. The just accepted it as a fact of reality revealed through science, much as we accept the existence of radio waves even though we can't see them.

I think we end up where we think we are going to end up.

I found that point interesting. Perhaps to say that nothing can exist outside of our own minds. We create our own Heaven/Hell moment to moment, neither of which are permanent. :scratch:

Of course, I could be wrong too!

Welcome Bodhi-in-Training, and to Kelleee and AdvancedAtheists too.

It's your first posts, so I just wanted to say "hi"!

Welcome Bodhi-in-Training, and to Kelleee and AdvancedAtheists too.

It's your first posts, so I just wanted to say "hi"!

98900[/snapback]

Thanks for the welcome! I'm really enjoying reading over all the threads!

:goodjob: