Goodbye Jesus

'an Evening With Richard Dawkins" Event At My University

SilentLoner

At the moment I'm sitting in line waiting until 6:45 when they let us into the room (talk won't start until 7:30). Good thing I was here early, the line is insanely long at this point. They even had to set up a "spillover" room at a big lecture hall in the bioresearch building. I've actually been hanging around the nearby lounge since 2:30 since I don't have class on Wed. and I needed to catch up on work - a very good thing I did so because at 3:23 I happened to look up from my work and saw Dawkins himself walking past the lounge and walk right into the Grand Ballroom (where his lecture is being held). Defenitely an awesome moment there. :grin::woohoo:

I wish I had a copy of one of his books for me to sign - I've only rented them before and I didn't know he would be doing a signing tonight. But I heard they'll be selling books in there and I'm considering buying one for that.

Anyways, I'm just killing time here. They're supposed to release a video of the talk later on and I'll make sure to post it here.

Later!

Now that's cool. I'd love to be near where I could go to see him live.

I see on the video Dawkins has a sold-out lecture, all tickets sold.

Quick go stand up front of the stage and wave at us so we can see on the streaming video!

I walked past earlier I think, if you saw a girl with brown hair and a black north face jacket that was me lol. I got a really good seat, about four rows from the front and right in the middle of the room. Place is packed, I can't get up without squeezing past at least 15 people on either side.

Another amusing update, apparently there's a group of xtians outside protesting and praying for Dawkins :HaHa: Didn't see them personally but the person I'm sitting next to did.

Looks like they don't take credit cards so no book signing for me :HappyCry: But I'm excited enough just being here.

Five minutes to go...

I got to see about half of it and then had to take an important phone call. Thanks for the link. I got to see Dawkins live for a while anyway!

That was a lot of fun! I was at first slightly disappointed that he focused heavily on molecular biology, but I found myself interested before long. Dawkins really is a great speaker on the subject. The Q&A session was really entertaining - I couldn't think of a question, I probably should have asked around here.

Right now there's a big line for book signings. I'm off to find some food...

Glad you enjoyed that, HereticZero. I'll be posting the full vid when they put it up.