Goodbye Jesus

Holy Laughter

Panther

Hey, anyone know?

I heard of it AFTER I left christianity...which was a few months ago.

It seems like a really odd thing....just wondered if anyone wanted to discuss it, what it is, if they had done it, etc.

Just curious....

I've heard of it, and seen people experience it. Never actually experienced myself.

I know this is one thing that flourishes in the Pentecostal Churches along with speaking in holy spirit (tongues).

Personally, I think it's all emotional hysteria.

Both the tongues (speaking and interpreting) and the holy laughter.

People are encouraged to surrender themselves completely to the lord, and its emotional hysteria and complete loss of reality. Perhaps its an emotional release of some sort, can't really say never having experienced it myself. Perhaps my "Faith" was lacking which is why I never got it.

That being said I see no differences really then say people who practice voodoo and go into trances and or fits n' what not. It's the same mindset same loss of Reality, The mind is a powerful thing.

It's also why I believe Catholics See the Virgin Mary on their toast, ice, n' what not, How come people of other faiths don't come across these sort of things? My mother swears to this day she saw the sandals of Jesus while she was praying. She said she felt him touch her. She didn't see Mary because her mind isn't conditioned to see her, she saw the Feet of Jesus instead. See what I mean sorta?

Personally, I think it's  all emotional hysteria.

Both the tongues (speaking and interpreting)  and the holy laughter.

People are encouraged to surrender themselves completely to the lord, and its emotional hysteria and complete loss of reality. Perhaps its an emotional release of some sort, can't really say never having experienced it myself.  Perhaps my "Faith" was lacking which is why I never got it.

That being said I see no differences really then say people who practice voodoo and go into trances and or fits n' what not. It's the same mindset same loss of Reality, The  mind is a powerful thing.

Yeh I believe the same. All my friends got into the holy ghost thing and spoke and tongues and stuff, but I never could. I figured you have to put yourself in the mood, really let go of your emotions or something like that. I could never master such a silly thing. Some of my friends were making it up, others weren't.

Click here, for a site with online videos of it all the wackiness. It's a christian site that's anti-pentecostal, but the videos are funny. :lmao:

I tried for years to be "filled withthe holy spirit"...it never happened. I was NOT going to fake it...as I thought it was real...but it never happened.

Now that I watch it I can't believe they had me fooled.

In my church, like most black churches, they believed that if you were filled with the spirit, you would start "shouting" or "getting happy". That's when someone gets so happy about "the goodness of the Lord" he jumps up and down or runs around screaming, "Thank ya Jesus!" or some other exclaimation, breaking out in tears, or even fainting. Sometimes the ushers, who in some churches even wear nurses' caps, would come and fan the member or make sure he didn't get hurt.

But my grandmother didn't have an usher around for her safety when she was making the church announcements and started shouting. Mind you, she was wearing high heels and jumping up and down, not the safest thing to do at her age. She then went out the door behind her that had steps going down and fell, hurting her ankle. She recovered quickly though and still shouts in church. I just hope she's more careful in the future while "getting the spirit." :shrug:

Laughter is quite contagious especially if it's real.

There have been times where I've gone into one of my

World Famous Laughing Binges to a point where I could

hardly breathe and my eyes were full of tears.

Other people around me who didn't hear, or didn't know

what I was laughing about, still start to crack-up.

I see this all the time. :grin:

There ain't nothin' supernatchule 'bout it! :shrug:

I laugh at Monty Python. Does that mean we should all bow down and start worshipping John Cleese? He even has the same initials as a certain Messiah....