Goodbye Jesus

Modesty? Deanna Joy Just Says, 'NO!' -Episode 24

webmdave

Thinkslike the sermon preacher in that video led to my own low self-esteem and feelings of insecurity. Painting a picture of men as wild and filthy animals and my body as a shameful weapon. It taught me that I could never trust the lust of a man that I love- he would happily devour any other woman.

What a depressing view of healthy sexuality.

I am still recovering from this kind of Shit.

( I have not seen the other links yet, plz excuse me if this post was repetitive or irrelevant ! ;) )

I find it ironic that some of these women in the "modesty movement" thinks it's perfectly o.k. if women buy and wear men's clothes if they can't find any "modest" clothes in the women's section of stores. Isn't there a Bible verse against ladies wearing men's clothes, and visa versa?

Also I used to think like this and got a lot of accusations that I was a lesbian. An uncle gave me a suit jacket thinking I would pass it on to my boyfriend at the time, but I wound up wearing it with long skirts. Well, that jacket, and a beautiful, expensive long skirt of mine, got ruined after a guy tossed an X-large strawberry soda at me from his car while he and his dumb ass buddies shouted derogatory terms for lesbian. Seems like in the xtian world women just can't win when it comes to trying to be "modest" for such a repressing social order. :rolleyes:

Perhaps we should tell guys it's the "Christian modesty" thing to do to wear kilts or long skirts because us women don't want to see those baggy ass pants that show guys' boxers ( and also at times their pubic area pops out if it's extra baggy?). :HaHa: