Goodbye Jesus

Future rebellions against god

Guest AdvancedAtheists

Guest AdvancedAtheists

The usual christian worldview postulates that god created satan, who then looked around heaven and decided he didn't like the way god ran things. So, satan and some accomplices rebelled and god kicked them out.

What will keep that from happening again and again? For example, what will keep christians in heaven from rebelling against god? For all I know, a christian who posts on this forum could become the next satan!

Very true. Unless God removes the free will from the poor "saved souls" that he brings to heaven.

Free will only exists if you're allowed and have the ability to make bad or evil choices.

Just like the first T-Ford: "You can choose any color you want, as long as you choose black."

God is the perfet ruler so nobody wants to rebel. :Wendywhatever:

But the Devil did. :scratch: Was it because the Devil didn't want perfectness? Then the Devil wasn't a perfect creation, which means God didn't make the Devil perfect, and the creation wasn't perfect...

It always comes back to that, doesn't it? The world is not perfect.

Can you hear that ID people? There is no perfect intelligence behind it all! :vent:

Those who do bad will get a slap on the wrist and left-over meatloaf for dinner. :nono:

God has to much time on his hands. He knew what they devil was going to do (Omniscience) so He made a perfect Devil. Perfect doesn't mean Good.

A giant 6000 year movie...And knowing what's going to happen is not as exiting as really seeing it...

God has to much time on his hands. He knew what they devil was going to do (Omniscience) so He made a perfect Devil. Perfect doesn't mean Good.

The perfect evil then.

A giant 6000 year movie...And knowing what's going to happen is not as exiting as really seeing it...

Oh. Does anyone see Tripping the Rift?

Devil asks: "so why would you do that?"

God answers: "the same reason as alwasy. I'm bored."

Guest AdvancedAtheists
Very true. Unless God removes the free will from the poor "saved souls" that he brings to heaven.

Free will only exists if you're allowed and have the ability to make bad or evil choices.

I have yet to meet a christian who will admit that he has to become a toaster in heaven to prevent the possibility of another rebellion.

Lol i think we can all agree that theres SO much wrong with the bible that you just cant understand why people believe in the religion... Come on, for Tunare's sake, Tunare in EVERQUEST is sometimes more believable then god... :/ (If anyone has ever bothered to look but my "Any Gods?:" has always had tunare on it. ;) lol)

The usual christian worldview postulates that god created satan, who then looked around heaven and decided he didn't like the way god ran things. So, satan and some accomplices rebelled and god kicked them out.

But God is supposidly all-knowing, which if that were truly the case then he would have had to known BEFORE he created Satan that he would do this and inject "evil" into the world...which IMO also negates the claim of a loving God. Certainly any being that was all-knowing and loving would not have created evil in the first place. :shrug: