Goodbye Jesus

3 Yrs On And Going Strong

jdog

so it's three years since I deconverted.

The other day we went up to visit my in laws. I hadn't seen them or communicated with them since my deconversion, so the last time they saw me I was still gung ho about God and church. My brother in law asked about how are things going at the church as I use to be active there and full of it...LOL and I looked straight at him and said I don't go to church anymore, I stopped a couple of years back. the subject changed. then later on his wife was talking about God and I didn't respond and just let it go. I think they may have a clue now. It was a Mother's day get together so obviously not a time to be getting into any kind of discussion.

Next week I have to have surgery and today I got the phone call from the hospital to register for surgery. They ask a few questions. One of which was my religion. the question was something like do you have any particular religious preference?. My answer was No. would you like a clergy member to visit you while in hospital? my answer was No.

It felt really good to say NO and I had no second guessing or any panic over it either.

The other thing is....I still on occasion find something in my home from my Christian days. I found a children's bible which I had written in to my son. I threw it in the trash, and I didn't feel that I was throwing away something 'holy' or precious or it was 'god's word' I just saw it as a silly book of fairy tales and it had fairy tale illustrations too.

I just wanted to share my progress and how it has gotten easier. I still visit here from time to time, I read posts and just wanted to let you know that I still appreciate this website and the help it has given me and how I see it helps hundreds of others too.

Congrats!

I just wanted to share my progress and how it has gotten easier. I still visit here from time to time, I read posts and just wanted to let you know that I still appreciate this website and the help it has given me and how I see it helps hundreds of others too.

I totally agree with you. It will be three years for me this fall and it just gets easier and easier! It's nice to see you here and I'm glad to know things are going well. Take care!