Goodbye Jesus

Give me my damn holidays!

Sokudo Ningyou

It's now official: because I'm an athiest, I am not allowed to have Christmas off. Even though my parents are Christian and want me home. Even though I no longer live at home, and 99% of my co-workers still do. Even though only perhaps two out of the 10 or 11 people I work with probably would seriously want the day off.

My family sits at a table and eats a dinner together one day out of the fucking year. My mother does not cook save for one day out of the fucking year. It just happens to be on this particular day, which was savagely kidnapped by the Christians from the pagans, and because I'm not either, I am not allowed to have the day off. I have to think of the Christians first.

Anger.

Hmmm... holidays based on particular religious brands aye....

Maybe you should tell the boss you've become a Muslim (just pretend). Then you might get the whole month of Ramadan off...

Hmmm... holidays based on particular religious brands aye....

Maybe you should tell the boss you've become a Muslim (just pretend).  Then you might get the whole month of Ramadan off...

Take a secret camera to work, get the boss on tape telling you that you can't have Christmas off because you are not Christian, then take the tape to a lawyer and sue his ass. Unless you live in Alabama or Mississippi... in that case you'll never win in court. :ugh:

Can you imagine telling white people they can't take Martin Luther King day off of work because they're not black?

:twitch:

On 2nd thought, that's probably already been done somewhere.....

Jesus B-day, I think, used to be celebrated on or around October 23, according to the Encyclopedia of Beer. Papal decree changed that to entice more pagan's into the religion.

Perhaps next year you can take the October 23 off?

It's really sad because it sounds like more of a personal holiday for you than it is for most Christians!

It's now official: because I'm an athiest, I am not allowed to have Christmas off.

98695[/snapback]

What do you do that your workplace is open on Christmas ?

GRR!!! Shouldn't that be illegal? I bet you could sue their butts off if you want to do something like that. Personally, I would talk to my manager, mention how it isn't appropriate that he grants holidays off according to religion since it is a national holiday (unlike Jewish holidays, where you would HAVE to admit you are a Jew to get them off). Where I have worked (and I work in healthcare, so we are always open on holidays), whomever put in first to get the day off got it off. It didn't matter if everyone knew they were a pagan or athiest or Christian....

Most workplaces are closed on Christmas Day and Christmas Eve Day. Unless you're in tech support or work in an ER or something, I can't imagine why someone would be such a grinch they'd make employees work all that day. And Christmas is mostly a secular holiday these days, anyway.

I worked quite a few holidays while I was in the Air Force. Lots of jobs don't shut down for the holidays.

Gas station. 24 hours. We didn't even close after a severe storm several years ago that knocked out the fucking power for miles. Hit late at night; I get woken up by my boss knocking on the door, telling me we're open for business. With calculators.

And I know it's illegal, but pointing that out to her would most likely cost me an hour in her office arguing the finer points of religion with her -- because last year she tried to persuade me not to take off because her Jewish co-workers at her old law offices (she worked as a legal secretary) didn't take Christmas off. Which is bullshit, what law office is open on Christmas? Calling her on it is a guaranteed headache. She's never wrong. Legality seems to be, to her, about as substantial as Jell-O sometimes.

Plus, if she finds out a nice way to fire me after I've handed her her ass, I have no opportunities right now for another job. So I have to play fucking nice. :vent:

It's now official: because I'm an athiest, I am not allowed to have Christmas off.

Did I just hear some jebus fanatic cry "PERSECUUUUUUUTION!!!" because he wasn't allowed a Yuletide day off? :Hmm:

Now what happened to you, that's what I call persecution... :vent: