Goodbye Jesus

Miracles

MQTA

[q]

One type of miracle that pervades the whole of the Old Testament and the whole of the New Testament has to do with the quotes of Jesus and God. The religious reporters who wrote these quotes were not present, and in most places God or Jesus were BY THEMSELVES. How do they DO that?

Mt.26:39, Mk.14:36 and Lk.22:42, all quote Jesus' prayer which he made in the garden while his followers were asleep. (Lk.22:42. Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.) Immediately thereafter, Jesus is captured and held away from his followers until he was (supposedly) killed on a pole (cross). I have read of no theologians or Free Thinkers who have asked this question. How could anyone know what prayer Jesus prayed, or what God or Jesus said while they were by themselves, or what they thought? Of course, in the earlier copies of the Gospels, the quotes were not the same. However, they now match the quotes of Mithra and some of the other Christs. Is this a miracle?

If the miracles are left out of the New Testament, you have nothing left. There is no man, Jesus, no God (Christ), no religion, no Paul, no Peter, no James and John, no gospel. And that is the problem with Christianity.

There are NO secular or civil records, which point to the truth of ANY of the miracles and happenings of the New Testament. Think about, NONE!!!

The historians (Greek, Roman and Jewish) during those early times knew absolutely nothing about the world being turned upside down by the apostles, or by Paul. They knew nothing about a Jewish Christ God called Jesus. And believe me, the Romans were as bad as we are in recording everything which happened. They recorded minute details of trivial things, yet, there is no mention, not even a hint, of ANY of the religious things written in the New Testament about Jesus or the early church. Only John the Baptist and Appollonius (Pol of Tyana) are mentioned by these civil historians. Why? I'll tell you why. Eusebius and Constantine had not yet created the NEW Holy Catholic Church and the NEW Holy Bible.

Maybe you should stop right here and think about these things for a bit.

[/q]

Yep, still reading this site, page by page. Absorbing it like a sponge.

http://www.jovialatheist.com/miracles.html

awesome!

[q]

Almost without question, miracles are tied closely with prayer. This means, the greatest deception (miracles) is tied directly with the most belittling and insulting practice one could render to the Deity (that is, prayer). The reason for this is, in spite of man's absurd claims, he has not yet claimed he himself can perform these miracles. Instead, man claims the Supernatural performs these miracles at man's own prayer and selfish request. That is, some holy man begs and the Deity is honor bound to perform some minor miracle upon hearing certain magic words spoken or written on paper. Some believe the Deity will heal the misinformed believer while the beggars pray and place their hands upon the sick. Clear Thinkers (who know how men have developed modern medicine and medical treatment) feel pain for the ignorance of both the layers and the layees.

One of the worst evils practiced upon the believers by the religions is the claim that if after prayer and/or a visit to some holy person or healing place, the victim is not healed, it is because that person didn't have enough faith, or had an impure heart. The holy men are then absolved from failure, plus they have tightened their grip upon the unfortunate gullible person. The unfortunate faithful believer now feels obligated to get closer to his religion and his God. He is more burdened with guilt than ever. "What terrible sin have I committed to deserve this rejection from God and his Church?" This is one of the most cruel and inhumane types of crime and chaos, which organized religion pulls on its faithful. Is it any wonder Clear Thinkers seek to expose these so-called healers and the chaos they create?

[/q]

MQTA,

I checked out the site. I love that site too. Totally radical dude! ;)

GB

I'm still reading it, there's a lot there. Seems like a one stop shop to answer most all Apologetics questions.