Goodbye Jesus

The Antichrist

Mythra

Where do christians come up with their wacky ideas about the antichrist in the end times? Here are the only references I could find to the antichrist in the bible:

1 John 2:18 Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come. This is how we know it is the last hour.

1 John 2:22 Who is the liar? It is the man who denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a man is the antichrist - he denies the Father and the Son.

1 John 4:2 Every spirit that recognizes that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus in not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming, and even now is already in the world.

2 John 1:7 Many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist.

Now then. I just have a couple of comments. Who were all of these people who, in biblical times, were denying that Jesus had ever been here in the flesh?

And, this. It is apparent that the antichrist is here for sure now. This site is full of antichrists. I'm one of em. I deny that Jesus has come in the flesh. I deny the Father. I deny the Son.

Must be the final hour.

Watch the clouds, christians. Watch the clouds.

How do you make idle threats for nearly 2 thousand years and STILL have beLIEvers?

I would submit that it's impossible to recreate left behind style theology in a vacuum. In other words, it's an imagined theory that was built backwards, using scripture mining to support the thesis.

This is an excellent thread. Where we begin with diatribes aimed at scoffers and rival cults 2,000 years ago, we end up with paranoid delusions and a completely manufactured 'end times' scenario. Of course, the AC is the focus of it all. But Jesus, Paul and John all said the AC was around in their times. In the course of my bible studies as a believer, I never did find anything that led me to believe the AC hadn't already showed up 2K years ago.

The whole 'Left Behind' crap is based on interpretation of a hallucinatory book of doom written ages ago - and I don't think the early xtians would agree with the scenarios being proposed today. After all, it was all supposed to have happened back in their lifetimes!

The whole 'Damien' idea of the AC's just not 'scripturally sound' (as if that would mean anything...)

Some christians just get so goofy about this shit.

Just do a brief search of google, you find out the following is the antichrist.

Nietsche.

David Hasselhoff.

UFO's.

The United Nations.

Marlyn Manson.

Hitler.

Mussolini.

Pope Paul VI.

George Bush.

Harry Potter.

Bill Gates.

Napoleon.

Bobbi Brown.

Pope John Paul II.

The Illuminati.

King Hussein.

Muomar Qadaffi.

I really think these people have lost their fucking minds.

Nietsche.

David Hasselhoff.

UFO's.

The United Nations.

Marlyn Manson.

Hitler. 

Mussolini.

Pope Paul VI.

George Bush.

Harry Potter.

Bill Gates.

Napoleon.

Bobbi Brown.

Pope John Paul II.

The Illuminati.

King Hussein.

Muomar Qadaffi.

99342[/snapback]

You forgot Nero, Prince Charles and Kenau Reeves.

Harry Potter! Haha, That's funny.

You forgot Nero, Prince Charles and Kenau Reeves.

Harry Potter! Haha, That's funny.

99355[/snapback]

Yeah, really.

Anyone with some sense knows Draco Malfoy's much more likely to be the son of Old Gooseberry.

Of course, you must put it together with the book of Daniel, the abomination that makes desolate in order for it to make sense..

See, weeks were forcast to finish transgressions, but the week was stopped for the church to be established. When all has been fulfilled in this dispensation, then time starts again and the last week, which is really 7 years for the 7 days, is the end of time with the tribulation.

But first, everyone who will ever be saved ever..has to be born and saved before this can take place.

But, we can discern the times because there are wars and rumors of wars and of course the hurricanes and earthquakes in diverse places that are taking place.

See? The pecans are falling from the trees now, so the time is near for the harvest..

And..the harvest has begun. Just ask this little dude..he's harvesting the "fruit"..

post-228-1130698229_thumb.jpg

Some christians just get so goofy about this shit.

Just do a brief search of google, you find out the following is the antichrist.

[names listed]

I really think these people have lost their fucking minds.

99342[/snapback]

Why is MY name not on this list?!?!?

I feel insulted. And after all the goats I boiled in their mother's milk. I just KNEW I'd be a shoe-in for Anti-Christ of the Year Awards. :vent:

That just means I'll have to try harder. :pureevil:

I feel insulted.  And after all the goats I boiled in their mother's milk.

99379[/snapback]

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Maybe we can have a tread, where we can nominate and vote for who is worthy to have the title ANTI CHRIST.

Only if you can make the number 666 out of your name would you be eligible for the antichrist-listing. :P

I feel insulted.  And after all the goats I boiled in their mother's milk.  I just KNEW I'd be a shoe-in for Anti-Christ of the Year Awards.  :vent:

That just means I'll have to try harder.  :pureevil:

99379[/snapback]

Actually, Antichrist is supposed to bring world peace for 3.5 years.

My first name is six letters. And my last name is six letters. I gotta get at least 2/3 credit.

Of course, Grinchy has that whole "messin up christmas" thing going for him.

Of course, Grinchy has that whole "messin up christmas" thing going for him.

Well, I wasn't even stirring on The Night Before Christmas. That has to count for somethin' too, right? :shrug:

Only if you can make the number 666 out of your name would you be eligible for the antichrist-listing. :P

99411[/snapback]

Wait, not so fast - what about the '616' variation? I can't believe this hasn't impacted the xtian 'end times' hysteria yet.

Don't they realize all their 'research' and apocalypse flowcharts might be false if the TRUE number of the beast is 616? :nono:

Not to mention Iron Maiden will have to re-record a certain song...

Wait, not so fast - what about the '616' variation? I can't believe this hasn't impacted the xtian 'end times' hysteria yet.

666 is so much better, I like 666, and who cares what the Bible really says anyway... :grin: Since most Christians don't care, why should I... :HaHa:

And it would totally ruin the Arnold movie, "End of days". Didn't you know that 666 upside down becomes 999, so the Devil comes back to earth every 1000 years at the 999, 1999 and next time 2999! That's how "clever" the plot in that movie was! AAAAAARGH!!! HOW STUPID! ...Sorry for my yelling there...

Don't they realize all their 'research' and apocalypse flowcharts might be false if the TRUE number of the beast is 616? :nono:

99538[/snapback]

This is the cool thing. I read somewhere that Nero's name matches both 666 and 616.

I think I managed to make my name match 666 too once. Maybe it fits better for 616, I have to try...

If I take the ASCII values of my name HANSOLOVKARLSSON, add them up, subtract the holy number 7 (meaning: remove the holyness from me), divide by 2 (because I'm twice as eeeevil) ... result... Tada! 616

Beware! I'm Antichrist!

Beware! I'm Antichrist!

99604[/snapback]

No, I think the honour goes to brutalbrian. He has almost posted 666 posts here.

Beware, his time is near

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Where do christians come up with their wacky ideas about the antichrist in the end times?

If you think that the idea is wacky, wait til you see the translation into German!

Honestly, in German bible you will frequently find, not "antichrist", but the literal translation of that word's original meaning... "Widertäufer". Now that reads like the babblings of one who smoked too much weed...

Aaaah, German translations. The BattleTech Clan novels come to mind...

...for those who don't know, the BattleTech universe features a bizarre designed society (intelligently designed without doubt - pardon the pun) just called "the clans", with a variety of unique customs. Including two artificial words used to indicate a rhetorical question. "Quiaff", from "question affirmative", is used whenever a positive answer is expected, "quineg" in the opposite case. Years ago I was talking with a friend of mine who suddenly ended a question with "frapos?"...

...it took us some five minutes to figure out that we was referring to those artificial words which had been mindlessly literally translated into German as "frapos" ("Frage positiv") and franeg ("Frage negativ"). I don't know about you, but to the German I am this sounds so unbelievably dumb...

Gee, that's another connection between braindeath and literalism... makes me wonder... :scratch:

After some reading on Zoroastrianism I realized something.

The evil dude Angra Mainyu or Ahriman is depicted as a guy with lion head and a snake circled around him. And I'm born in Leo and in the year of the Snake. :scratch: Is this a sign? :P

After some reading on Zoroastrianism I realized something.

The evil dude Angra Mainyu or Ahriman is depicted as a guy with lion head and a snake circled around him. And I'm born in Leo and in the year of the Snake.  :scratch: Is this a sign? :P

99745[/snapback]

Whoa. :twitch:

Watch the clouds, christians. Watch the clouds.

I wish I still had a copy of the flowchart this nutjob made (when I used to work at Kinko's). It was huge, and tried to present a timeline for every prophecy from the OT & NT regarding the apocalypse. It was also completely insane.

I couldn't believe someone would waste that much of their time working on it.

Ummm...

You have to remember that 'anti-Christ' doesn't mean against Christ. The 'anti-Christ' will be a substitute for Christ, which is why many will be decieved and follow him.

And then, after a certain time, the 'anti-Christ' will turn and sh%t on his followers and turn out to be nothing but a charlatan and a fake, and not a diety at all!

Oh crap... now I'm really confused!

:wicked:

Read the biblical quotes on first post. Those are the only times that the word antichrist is in the bible. And it was used for those who denied christ, or denied God, or denied that Jesus had ever "come in the flesh"

It's only christian conjecture and speculation that equate the antichrist with Daniel's "the little horn" "the willful king" "the vile person" "the prince that shall come"

or Revelation's "beast" or "son of perdition" or "false prophet"