Goodbye Jesus

What If Heaven Is A Trap?

OpheliaGinger

While responding to another thread, a thought came to my mind, what if heaven is a trap? I see the Christian god character as a sadistic bastard that gets his jollies by watching people suffer, so what if heaven and hell were mixed up and intentionally made Hell look as horrific as possible so that people would desire the true hell that is heaven (this is providing, of course, that you grant that the Christian god is real)?

Well, Lucifer is the light barer. I have often thought it was all mixed up and the original deity was Lucifer, who is a sun god, while the current god is some evil thing. Then you get to revelations and Jesus is revealed as the Amen[-Ra]. If you read Egyptian mythology, you can see the origins of it. Whatever the case, it's all insane and none of it real, so why worry about it?

• Like 1

The bible would have us believe that Satan rebelled against God out of pride. How stupid is that? An angel blatantly defying an all powerful, loving and just God? It just doesn't make any sense. It would make him a complete retard and the bible claims that he's a smart cunning sort of guy. It seems more likely to me that God was a cruel evil taskmaster and that Satan rebelled on principle. If that's the case then you can bet your bottom dollar Heaven is going to be more like Hell. Trap? Yeah, something like that.

• Like 3

Sounds more like some poorly thought out fairy tale told to ignorant impressionable children and adults to keep them from killing the assholes of the world, namely, themselves.

"I know you're only ten but God wants me to have sex with you. Really. He told me last night in a dream. You don't want to upset God's big plan for you. Do you?" ok then.

Personally I think the God of the biblay is an evil sadistic bastard who is a genocidal manic.

But don't confuse the evil God of the biblay with me. I'm a nice God. That Christian God sucks...and not very well at all to be honest.

• Like 1

Guest Yakuza

I really hate that some christians have ruined the name of God and Heaven. Thankfully, the real God(or Gods) has led me 2 him and the true morality we're supposed 2 live about. The real God would never be deceptive enough 2 lure u 2 Heaven 4 a trap

You mean the really imaginary God or Gods.

The Christian God is evil. If you can't see that then open your mind to his loving fire.

• Like 1

Even if it somehow turned out the Christian God is real (which I don't believe but let's play "what if") I would not want to serve him. The only reason someone serves this God is fear, in my opinion. I mean how can you otherwise ignore all the bad things he did in the Bible? I can't. So getting to Heaven would definitely feel like a trap. I mean spending an eternity with worshiping this deity? Worship was boring enough while I was in the church and now to do that for an eternity? That would be Hell to me, not Heaven! Just the thought of it makes me sick.

Of course, noone would like to suffer forever in Hell either, but if the Christian doctrine is true it seems you can choose between bad and worse. Sucks. I'd rather want an eternal sleep, nothingness, as in the original Hebrew concept of Sheol, than any of the Christian Heaven or Hell.

As for Lucifer, I kind of find him a cool guy lately. I mean, someone who didn't suck up to this evil God. Well done, Luci! I suspect he's not the bad guy at all, it's only God's PR machine that is painting him bad.

Wouldn't that be hilarious, something akin to "the cake is a lie!" but by then it would be too late, unless you could find a way to piss the lard off and get kicked out.

What if Heaven had a Ghetto...?

• Like 1

• Super Moderator
I really hate that some christians have ruined the name of God and Heaven.

Fortunately we have you to straighten everyone out who got it wrong, o wise one.

While responding to another thread, a thought came to my mind, what if heaven is a trap? I see the Christian god character as a sadistic bastard that gets his jollies by watching people suffer, so what if heaven and hell were mixed up and intentionally made Hell look as horrific as possible so that people would desire the true hell that is heaven (this is providing, of course, that you grant that the Christian god is real)?

It would be terrible to live for an eternity with right-wing fanatics, those who burn books and music, 'forgiven' child molesters, gay bashers, small-minded, hateful superstitious wacko's and people who think they have the only truth and everyone else is wrong but them. That would be a place of torment.

What if Heaven had a Ghetto...?

Good one!

It would be terrible to live for an eternity with right-wing fanatics, those who burn books and music, 'forgiven' child molesters, gay bashers, small-minded, hateful superstitious wacko's and people who think they have the only truth and everyone else is wrong but them. That would be a place of torment.

So basically the American South?

wink.gif

• Like 1

Real God asks before granting entry into Heaven -- "So, you REALLY think that it's okay for someone else to suffer for YOUR sins, eh?"

You failed...

Go to hell...

Honestly, if anybody thinks about it properly, Heaven as described in Christian doctrine would seem the perfect sadist trap indeed. Jigsaw of Saw movies would be proud. Hymns for eternity? Crikey! :o

There's almost no information in the actual bible about heaven or hell. "Lake of fire." "Paradise." That's about it, really. Pretty feeble for something that we're supposed to pick for eternity.

72-virgins-family-guy.jpg The mooslum heaven, xians arguing doctrine on heavenisnice.com/forums/theology :D

So basically the American South?

wink.gif

You sure as shit got that right.

• 1 month later...

i believe i've had this conversation with someone before. the christian God does frequently refer to us as his flock of sheep....and sheep are a food source for us...

If that's true, then either Satan has fooled us into thinking hell is heaven, or the bible-god tricked us into thinking heaven is hell??

If my failed relationship with my former fiance is a chipped windshield, this question represents the first cracks to shoot through. I was rejected so he could win door prizes in heaven by arriving as a virgin. I refuse to spend that side of eternity with either of them (ex-fiance and god). If that means spending eternity in hell, hell, I'm already there. Then there's the more likely chance of simple unconsciousness after death.

I really hate that some christians have ruined the name of God and Heaven. Thankfully, the real God(or Gods) has led me 2 him and the true morality we're supposed 2 live about. The real God would never be deceptive enough 2 lure u 2 Heaven 4 a trap

Seems to me that the bible has done a good enough job of ruining the name of God and Heaven without Christians being needed to do it.

i believe i've had this conversation with someone before. the christian God does frequently refer to us as his flock of sheep....and sheep are a food source for us...

Not only that but they're mindless, clueless, stupid animals that will follow an equally mindless and stupid animal, even to their deaths. It makes me laugh that Christians see being a sheep as such a positive thing - something we should aspire to be like.

Just recently I've had a Christian debating with me from here in PMs and she's been going on about sheep lately and how she's one of them and I'm not. I'm glad I'm not. I'm glad I can think for myself. I asked her, "Why do you think it is humans don't hunt sheep? Because there's no sport in it. You target the leader, shoot that one and all the others are then easy pickings." Who'd wanna be a sheep? LOL