Goodbye Jesus

Yaweh's cosmic shortcomings.

All Gods Fail

Here's a thought that just occurred to me. If we are 'created in god's image', it stands to reason that god is essentially a human, or a homo sapiens. A primate. Of course, the phrase 'created in our image' is a little vague, but I think we can all agree that biblegod somehow resembles human beings (ie., he wouldn't look like a bluejay, or a dolphin, or some unimaginable creature).

So god is strictly terrestrial. I'm of the opinion that there is intelligent life out there somewhere (BTW, I don't believe in 'alien abductions' or Roswell - my belief agrees w/Carl Sagan's. It's statistically impossible that there is no other intelligent life anywhere in the universe. And it has yet to be proven they've visited us.).

But it's a fair bet that other intelligent, sentient beings are not humanoid in appearance - there's little chance they evolved from our common ancestor. So god could not possibly have anything to do with the rest of the universe - he's strictly an Earthbound deity. And he couldn't have created any other planets or alien beings, either.

The upshot is, god is made-up. He's what the ancient Israelites thought an all-powerful being should be - an glorified, alpha Jewish male.

So if we ever do leave Earth for other planets, Yaweh would be left behind, as he's strictly an earth god.

(Don't take this little meandering too seriously. Just something to think about next time you're peeling carrots! :) )

Man was created in the alien God's image -> if we were genetically engineered out of homo erectus and the Enki/Enlil description from the Sumerians, we were Created [from homo erectus] in Their image - with their genetic fluids, we were 1/2 them, and so an Image.

I think Christians would react the same way to aliens that they would to Jesus if He came back...they'd stone them to death as agents of evil. Thinking the aliens demons and Jesus the Antichrist.

Guest Amarielah
Here's a thought that just occurred to me. If we are 'created in god's image', it stands to reason that god is essentially a human, or a homo sapiens. A primate. Of course, the phrase 'created in our image' is a little vague, but I think we can all agree that biblegod somehow resembles human beings (ie., he wouldn't look like a bluejay, or a dolphin, or some unimaginable creature).

So god is strictly terrestrial. I'm of the opinion that there is intelligent life out there somewhere (BTW, I don't believe in 'alien abductions' or Roswell - my belief agrees w/Carl Sagan's. It's statistically impossible that there is no other intelligent life anywhere in the universe. And it has yet to be proven they've visited us.).

But it's a fair bet that other intelligent, sentient beings are not humanoid in appearance - there's little chance they evolved from our common ancestor. So god could not possibly have anything to do with the rest of the universe - he's strictly an Earthbound deity. And he couldn't have created any other planets or alien beings, either.

The upshot is, god is made-up. He's what the ancient Israelites thought an all-powerful being should be - an glorified, alpha Jewish male.

So if we ever do leave Earth for other planets, Yaweh would be left behind, as he's strictly an earth god.

(Don't take this little meandering too seriously. Just something to think about next time you're peeling carrots! :) )

99349[/snapback]

Only Christians take this literally. Jews believe that it meant God's spiritual image, as in both humans and God are creators. Both humans and God are aware of their existence.

After all, how can a limitless God be limited by a physical body?

How can God be a "he"?

What exactly does a spiritual penis look like?

Is it also invisible?

How convenient for God.

You could tell everybody you have 12", and they couldn't prove it otherwise.

Agreed. All gods on earth are simply reflections of what humans want god to be like.

How can God be a "he"?

What exactly does a spiritual penis look like?

Is it also invisible?

How convenient for God.

You could tell everybody you have 12", and they couldn't prove it otherwise.

101771[/snapback]

All right, I didn't want to do this, but you're forcing me now, Mythra. :HaHa:

God's Penis: secrets revealed at last!!

All right, I didn't want to do this, but you're forcing me now, Mythra.  :HaHa:

102055[/snapback]

:lmao: Very funny article, Asuryan. You've been saving that one for just the right moment, haven't you? :lmao:

:lmao:     Very funny article, Asuryan. You've been saving that one for just the right moment, haven't you?    :lmao:

102206[/snapback]

That was one of my secret weapons :HaHa:

Poor guy - the greatest wang in the universe and nothing to use it for... :(

yeah.. always wondered about Superman and Lois Lane, too. Shouldn't he have poked holes through her, she shoulda been dead at his first orgasm.